Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cutting down trees

Options
  • 22-09-2018 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

whats the story with cutting down trees at the moment. there are some overgrown evergreen trees at my fathers house and he wants me to cut them down. there are about 7 of them and they are about 20 foot high. They are in his garden and the field on the other side is his so no issues over boundary. my only concern would be can you cut down trees at the moment or is there some law that says you cant? (ignoring safety and insurance side)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Legally I think you re suppose to apply for a felling licence but few do, so chop away, be careful though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

duffysfarm wrote: »
    whats the story with cutting down trees at the moment. there are some overgrown evergreen trees at my fathers house and he wants me to cut them down. there are about 7 of them and they are about 20 foot high. They are in his garden and the field on the other side is his so no issues over boundary. my only concern would be can you cut down trees at the moment or is there some law that says you cant? (ignoring safety and insurance side)

Within 30 metres of a dwelling, anytime you want

More than 30 metres need felling licence

However even if more than 30 metres provided it'll regrow from pruning then anytime within hedgecutting time.

Don't take the piss and coppice 100 year old fully mature trees

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

You need a felling licence within 30 meters if the trees were there before the building, if the building was there first you don't.

Advertisement