Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Alignment Problem

Options
  • 22-09-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a 2006 Passat. All these cars come with projector headlights. I have the one that's a halogen and not the bi-xenon. I've noticed after I was failed at the NCT and then passed without really doing anything on my right headlight alignment. I took a closer look at it and it was shining straight ahead just a tad too high. As I tried to lower it I saw that it doesn't go down more only up.

After I checked out the light more I noticed that the cut off line that the projector makes does not match with the light beam that's coming out. So the cut off line is stuck dead ahead while my actual light is shining in the floor in front of the car since the beam was set to the lowest point. So what should happen like it does with my other headlight is the cut off line representing the highest point should match with the beam (the brightest part of the light) all the way up to the line.

Does anyone know if there's a way to lower the cutoff point for the projector lens to match the actual beam. If you're unsure about what I explained ask me and I'll do my best to answer.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

If you have adjusted the with the alignment screws as low as it will go, that's i't, I find no-name light bulbs often give alot of variation in the beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Double check that the bulb is the correct fitment and is correctly installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubsmb

scannerd wrote: »
    If you have adjusted the with the alignment screws as low as it will go, that's i't, I find no-name light bulbs often give alot of variation in the beam.

But it doesn't make sense why the left headlight is aligned correctly and the right is not same bulbs same headlight manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubsmb

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Double check that the bulb is the correct fitment and is correctly installed.

I have, like I said the light is shining fine but the cutoff line is too high and doesn't match the light positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A slightly misaligned bulb can cause this issue, you need to remove the bulb and makes absolutely sure that its sitting square in the socket.
    Try changing the bulb for another one to check it is actually OK sometimes bulbs look ok but throw a bad pattern.
    Have you tried this on a beam setter or just against a wall?

• Advertisement
Advertisement