Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Panel Heater placement

Options
  • 22-09-2018 7:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully posting this in the right place. I'm fitting a wall panel heater in a room in a sunny climate. According to the instructions it says to "preferably not mount it to an exterior wall within a room".

Presuming I'm reading this right it limits the surfaces I can install it on as two of the walls are exterior.

Is there any reason why they don't recommend installing on these walls? Given the house location I doubt there is much insulation in those walls due to climate. (If that's a factor)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't know why it says that. Maybe it's down to hear loss in the thermal mass of the wall.

Panel heaters are installed under the windows in many storage heated houses.
    Panel heaters heat is radiant by nature, so they would heat the wall behind.

Some people line the wall behind them with a reflective surface to reflect the heat back out but there's a view that it makes little difference.

Advertisement