Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Echo Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've one in it's box never set it up yet.

What do you use yours for?
    I'll have my cameras on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Timers are handy cause it flashes every so often saying how is left and has a nice little 10->1 animation, but the news flashes and stories it bring are great too. Also use it for spotify music, and 'flash briefing' gives RTE news and BBC news in video form.

Have used it a couple of times for calls but never a video call.

The reminders of my calendar on the screen are handy, like it rotates information constantly and every so often gives my calendar of meetings I have tomorrow.

The of course all the general stuff like controlling lights, smart plugs, tv, etc.

In terms of normal Alexa tower vs a Show, its definitely the next step up. IMO, definitely worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Have to agree, I have mine for a year now.
    Can view the camera's around the house, childs room, front and back.
    Handy for photos, timers, showing videos, news updates.
    Sound is pretty good, I was going to go with the Sonos but decided to try the Show first, glad I did.
    Heartily recommeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

What cameras are you guys using with it?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Ring - for front and back
    Any camera that will talk with EZVIZ, a skill that works with Alexa

• Advertisement
Advertisement