Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for young drivers

Options
  • 21-09-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

How's a going everyone just wondering could any one help me out in tackling the battle of getting my first insurance policy 😂
    18 at the moment with a provisional would I be best off to wait for my test and pass to get insurance?
    What's best quote I'd get now on the likes of a 11 polo or fiesta or a similar hatch back and would a newer or older car be cheaper to insure
    Any help appreciated cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The only advice i will give just pass your test first, then get the car, its all about what you can afford really, something with cheap tax small engine for insurance 1.0/1.1.
    but if its not over 10/15 years old would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patricklouth

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    The only advice i will give just pass your test first, then get the car, its all about what you can afford really, something with cheap tax small engine for insurance 1.0/1.1.
    but if its not over 10/15 years old would help.

What could I expect to be paying with a newish small engine car a 1.1 or 1.2 that's around 7-8 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just got insurance for young lad here last week. 3500 as named driver. Not quoting for cars older than 2010. Some places wont even quote. 11 ford focus diesel. Learner licence. Comprehensive insurance

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just got insurance for young lad here last week. 3500 as named driver. Not quoting for cars older than 2010. Some places wont even quote. 11 ford focus diesel. Learner licence. Comprehensive insurance

So if I got my full license and shopped around extensively I'll be nearly 19 looking to get around an 10-11 polo fiesta or focus i could expect to Pay 2500-3000

whelan2 wrote: »

So if I got my full license and shopped around extensively I'll be nearly 19 looking to get around an 10-11 polo fiesta or focus i could expect to Pay 2500-3000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

id say you will find cheaper then that with a full licence.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    id say you will find cheaper then that with a full licence.

Can do my test in January probably better off not being greedy trying to get on the road asap and just waiting

Advertisement