Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you make room in your house for the homeless...?

Options
  • 21-09-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭

...spiders? Their webs are getting tossed around and they are losing their homes.

It's getting colder so they will be venturing inside in the next few weeks for shelter and a nice comfortable spot to rest and ponder life for the winter as well as deciding where the best position is for their egg sacks and young come the Spring.

Follow your conscience.

Comments

...spiders? Their webs are getting tossed around and they are losing their homes.

It's getting colder so they will be venturing inside in the next few weeks for shelter and a nice comfortable spot to rest and ponder life for the winter as well as deciding where the best position is for their egg sacks and young come the Spring.

Follow your conscience.

My ferocious cat would put a quick end to any spider’s intentions of making home in my gaff.

I'd like to be magnanimous, but they're terrifying and I'm (slightly) stronger, so no.

I'll just beat seven shades of sh1te out of them, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I put up a rack specially for them, but they seem to be afraid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

They are entitled to a foreva home. It's all the gubberments fault .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Let them **** off to the World Wide Web .
    What do they think it was invented for?

Ungrateful arachnids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

All spiders are welcome in my home. I love them. And i love insects too. And yes i know spidets arent insects (just added for the excitable amongst us).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

All of them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I usually let them be once they get inside, sure no harm in it beyond the odd fright when they come tearing across the sitting room straight at your feet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

As long as they're not islamic spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I love how they're so big you can hear their legs on the wooden floors

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They get squished if they get seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would never harm any of gods creations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

That's carte blanche to kill everything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fred West and Hitler.

Just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In a previously long empty rental years ago, I was on the phone to Canada when a 4 " (approx) spider, heavy with eggs, lowered herself onto my hand.They heard the scream in BC Canada. As my family boss is terrified of the huge poisonous spiders they have there, she understood.... Managed to get that one downstairs and dead.

Now I have the crazy young cat? He catches and eats anything that he sees in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I strongly sympathise with their plight... that's why I'm determined they should be given brand new webs and they should live at your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm giving spiders with spiderlings priority on the waiting list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sure. They leave me alone, I'll leave them alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I hoover around spiders. I imagine they class me a hero of sorts and call me Spider-Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ronin247 wrote: »
    They are entitled to a foreva home. It's all the gubberments fault .

Damn right.
    Let's keep putting them up in the Gresham, that'll learn them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

bluewolf wrote: »
    Sure. They leave me alone, I'll leave them alone

'First they came for the Flies. I said nothing for I was not a Fly...'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I hoover around spiders. I imagine they class me a hero of sorts and call me Spider-Man.

I bought a Dyson just to get them, I also get to indulge my Ripley fantasy whilst killing!

I bought a Dyson just to get them, I also get to indulge my Ripley fantasy whilst killing!

Hahaha very harsh on the poor spiders. They eat moths and flies, friends they be!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's getting colder so they will be venturing inside in the next few weeks for shelter ...
    Wrong. It's an urban myth that they're seeking shelter from the cold, it's just the males wandering around looking for a mate which they do in late summer early autumn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Alun wrote: »
    Wrong. It's an urban myth that they're seeking shelter from the cold, it's just the males wandering around looking for a mate which they do in late summer early autumn.

And what gives the little bastards cause to think my gaff is a spider Coppers ?

**** off the lot of ye hairy feckers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Will you make room in your house for the homeless...?

I will in my bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Yes.

I like spiders, quite a lot. I always rescue them from the bath and the sink. When I moved into a new house it was bare of spiders for the first year and I missed them, but they soon knew to call around. The only insect I get a bit antsy round (;) ) is a Devil's Coach Horse, but even them I don't freak out about, just no big hugs or anything. The other night I woke from a bad dream to feel something really weird on my hand, and it did make me jump up, but it was only a very scaly inchworm (geometridae) doing its u-shaped shuffle. After yelling at him for frightening the beejaysus out of me I put him outside the window carefully.

Here's a Devil's Coach Horse... enjoy :)
    240px-Coach_Horse_BenPhil.jpg

I'm giving spiders with spiderlings priority on the waiting list.

Oh c'mon Ted, they have a spider-baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

We have 2 young cats & a kitten in the house. The spiders are better off outside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement