Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolby Atmos Xbox App

Options
  • 20-09-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone purchased the dolby atmos app and if its any good? Is it supported with many games? My understanding that this app would do all the encoding so basically any set of headphones would work for dolby atmos sound? is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I have it and have played Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4 with it. It's awesome.

It's enabled for Overwatch on PC for sure, but I'm not sure if it's on for Overwatch on Xbox yet. I play Overwatch a lot on Xbox, and the sound is unreal, but I couldn't be sure.

The list is pretty short at the moment.

Assassin's Creed Origins
    Final Fantasy XV
    For Honor
    Gears of War 4
    Insects: An Xbox One X Enhanced Experience
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Super Lucky's Tale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I have it and have played Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4 with it. It's awesome.

It's enabled for Overwatch on PC for sure, but I'm not sure if it's on for Overwatch on Xbox yet. I play Overwatch a lot on Xbox, and the sound is unreal, but I couldn't be sure.

The list is pretty short at the moment.

Assassin's Creed Origins
    Final Fantasy XV
    For Honor
    Gears of War 4
    Insects: An Xbox One X Enhanced Experience
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Super Lucky's Tale

And do any headphones work for it or do you need like special Dolby Atmos ones for it? Awful shame the list is so small, this sounds like something that would be perfect for pubg or blops 4 blackout

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

And do any headphones work for it or do you need like special Dolby Atmos ones for it? Awful shame the list is so small, this sounds like something that would be perfect for pubg or blops 4 blackout

Any stereo headphones will, yes.

It is a shame alrighty hopefully there'll be more in future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

going to download the trial later, how does it work with soundbars does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Downloaded the trial at the weekend and I must admit Gears 4 sounded amazing through a fairly low budget but decent set of headphones (Turtle Beach Stealth 350VR).. As far as soundbars go I think they actually need to dolby atmos compatible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Colour me intrigued. What's this now then?

I assume this is it?

Can I plug a cheap set of sony earphones to the controller to give this a bash? I may finally use up one of my free trials of games pass to get on of the games from that list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

theteal wrote: »
    Colour me intrigued. What's this now then?

I assume this is it?

Can I plug a cheap set of sony earphones to the controller to give this a bash? I may finally use up one of my free trials of games pass to get on of the games from that list.

Yup. Windows Sonic does much the same thing, your mileage may vary between the two.

Try out windows Sonic first.
    Does a good job and works with most games.

Advertisement