Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are insurance companies normally slow to print discs?

Options
  • 20-09-2018 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

I changed car and I’m waiting and waiting and waiting for the insurance disc.
    The policy is now in place for 11 days without the disc coming through. I have a cover note but that’s it.

Is this normal or should I be putting more pressure on?

All I have at the moment is a cover note.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I changed car and I’m waiting and waiting and waiting for the insurance disc.
    The policy is now in place for 11 days without the disc coming through. I have a cover note but that’s it.

Is this normal or should I be putting more pressure on?

All I have at the moment is a cover note.

I moved to 123 this year and it took that long to get the disc. They seemed a lot slower than Bank of Ireland/RSA who I'd been with for the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think it was a week or so before I got a new disc when I changed cars, not too long ago.
    Liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I'm surprised at that to be honest.

I work for an insurance company and they would have the disc out to you in 2-3 days. There is 1 cert print batch done for the day for each cert type, New Policy, Renewal, Mid Term Adjustment etc . (there may be 30-40 other print runs to do each day for each product, hence there is only 1 Cert run for each type) and if you miss today's batch, you are put in the following days batch.

Once printed they are packed immediately ready for post pickup at 6pm. After that it's in the hands of An Post but it definitely should not take 11 days! I'd be on to them and complain, it's not a big job like. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It's annoying as even though you're insured, you can still get tickets for not displaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

check your e-mail that youre not expected to print it yourself!!

• Advertisement

check your e-mail that youre not expected to print it yourself!!

Eh, never heard of that and as far as I am aware they're secure printed to prevent fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Eh, never heard of that and as far as I am aware they're secure printed to prevent fraud.

No, I had to print mine. Only discovered it had been emailed when I rang up asking where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was waiting two weeks for mine from Allianz last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

with AA or BOI took two weeks, called em eventually said will be dispatched asap. Could be many reasons but in the past youd have one in 2-5 days tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,217 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Print at home has been common for years

• Advertisement

The disc is definitely security printed and has a holographic thread through it in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

L1011 wrote: »
    Print at home has been common for years

Yep, and the guards still saying it's not allowed where the insurance companies are saying it's legal, must be color printer at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

The disc is definitely security printed and has a holographic thread through it in this case.
    It may be in your case. In the case of 123 you print your own.
    I think the only stipulation is that it must be colour printed.

Advertisement