Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers walking and cycling kids to school

Options
  • 19-09-2018 8:38pm
    Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭

It’s a national secondary road I’m talking about here. Very busy heavy traffic and mother’s walking their kids to school or some kids cycling at a snails pace wobbling all over the place.
    All for fitness and saving the planet by leaving the Dacia Duster at home but surely this is a road death statistic that is in the wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, women and children in public. It's a disgrace. And using thoroughfares too! They should stay behind closed doors where they belong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Jimmy. wrote: »
    surely this is a road death statistic that is in the wait.

It's all give and take though so it doesn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Ah ffs will you get over it. Everyone is wrapped in cotton wool these days with health and safety going beyond a joke.
    Nothing wrong with them walking or cycling to school.
    They'll be wearing hard hats and safety glasses in the classroom next in case the roof falls in

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you feel its unsafe talk to your councillors. You shouldn't need a car to access a school.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It’s a national secondary road I’m talking about here. Very busy heavy traffic and mother’s walking their kids to school or some kids cycling at a snails pace wobbling all over the place.
    All for fitness and saving the planet by leaving the Dacia Duster at home but surely this is a road death statistic that is in the wait.

So very slow moving traffic. And adding another Dacia Duster will just slow it down more.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

So very slow moving traffic. And adding another Dacia Duster will just slow it down more.

Where did I say it was slow moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

All for fitness and saving the planet by leaving the Dacia Duster at home....

Another one drives a Duster????

Baaahhh peasants.

Q7's all the way where I am.

A revolutionary concept then. This exercise lark might take hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yeah, women and children in public. It's a disgrace. And using thoroughfares too! They should stay behind closed doors where they belong

This is why this site is going to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just when you thought there was nothing left to get upset about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Where did I say it was slow moving?

I thought this was the problem. Pedestrians and cyclists slowing down the cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

STOfq5d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do people think that roads are solely for cars?

They should look at legal other road users and adapt their driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Surely a wind up?

I mean surely??

Car driver now that myopic that "all those not in cars are out to be knocked over"

Every house must have 2 cars and use them for every journey apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Pelvis wrote: »
    This is why this site is going to ****e.

Really? My post is why this site is going to ****e and not the post moaning about people (or mothers and kids in particular) using a public road for one of it's intended purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

You do realize it’s the “very busy heavy traffic” that’s causing the danger right? I mean remove the cars and there’s no problem walking or cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

How do you know they have a car some don't and are forced to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Shocking stuff altogether. All the people that drive their kids 300 meters to school in my area have such a positive contribution on our neighbourhood. I wish everyone would just row in.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    You do realize it’s the “very busy heavy traffic” that’s causing the danger right? I mean remove the cars and there’s no problem walking or cycling.

Obviously

Obviously

So obviously the women and children are not a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Maybe they don't have a car? should they miss school?
     No wonder everyone in this country is so fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Adults trying to encourage their offspring to be fit and healthy and someone finds a way to whinge about it. Bizarre stuff.

No..apparently they have a Dacia Duster, which to be fair, i think i'd leave at home too! :)

07Lapierre wrote:
    No..apparently they have a Dacia Duster, which to be fair, i think i'd leave at home too!

Ah the new Duster is fairly nice looking and the build quality/materials is far superior to the present models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I walk my kids to school because I don't drive. A mother scolded me for making them walk in the rain....they have full rain gear and wellies and it's a 5 minute walk away.

PandaPoo wrote:
    I walk my kids to school because I don't drive. A mother scolded me for making them walk in the rain....they have full rain gear and wellies and it's a 5 minute walk away.

Did you feel like telling her to f**k off and mind her own business?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Adults trying to encourage their offspring to be fit and healthy and someone finds a way to whinge about it. Bizarre stuff.

AND teaching their kids to respect the roads and traffic...One village I knew had what they called a "walking bus"... gathered children in all along the way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Graces7 wrote: »
    AND teaching their kids to respect the roads and traffic...One village I knew had what they called a "walking bus"... gathered children in all along the way ...
    I tried setting up a Walking Bus in my kids primary school about 8 years ago, had about 20 parents interested, got the local council involved and supporting - the school board turned it down - too dangerous apparently, so we'll continue to have loads of parents driving through the car park at the school gate at rush hour instead.

Advertisement