Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fakeaway/Comfort Food Thread

Options
  • 19-09-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I thought it might be a good idea to start a 'Fakeaway' thread so we can post details of our favourite go-to healthy(ish) comfort foods and treats.

Since moving to a WFPB diet I find the majority of the time I'm actually craving healthy foods like spinach, lentils etc.. but every so often, maybe once or twice a month I crave 'something bad for me' :D

I discovered these pizza bases in Tesco (2 for €3.99) recently. I whip them out of the freezer if we're having a movie night or I want a Friday night treat. I top them with vegan cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, basil and oregano.
    2+large+pizzas.jpg?format=300w

When I'm craving something sweet, I love avocado toast sprinkled with pomegranate.

27ed687b3e3b8a2e9808b8de04ece93f-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Yes, I have cravings for things like beetroot smoothies or chick peas with spinach.

As for occasional 'fakeaways', burger, chips and beans, real stodge, nam.

Advertisement