Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need?!

• 19-09-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for the most easiest/appropriate method for creating a simple custom order page that can be added to our company website.

Most of our customers have only a handful of items that they repeat order from us, and so (I'd hope) it wouldn't be too much work with the right software to put something simple together for a selection of customers that they'd have their own page to visit when placing an order.

I might like to include and image of an item, and below add a field to enter a quantity. There would be various products in each page to suit each particular customer, and possibly variables per items such as a colour or a size.

So when "send" is clicked we'll just get a summary of the order in a way that makes it easy to digest on our end. Different customers can ramble a bit in their orders, and some can be unclear in what they need also, so this would hopefully be a time saver.

It wouldn't need to be secure, or it won't need to take payment.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Does your website run on a CMS like WordPress?
    If it did then I would recommend a form plugin like Ninja Forms (free) or Gravity Forms (not free; I've never used it but it is highly recommended) to create a form that would be sent to you by email (in a layout specified by you).

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Thanks daymobrew, I think it is CMS, but if it doesn't I might consider a remote site that only the customer would have the link to. Most of the forms I was finding didn't really show examples of using images alongside the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

SQ2 wrote: »
    I think it is CMS
    Post a link to the site and I'm sure we'd quickly figure out whether it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Thanks, it's CMS alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Would you like to send the URL of the site so that we could take a look? Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement