Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X

Options
  • 19-09-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know the best place (preferably, Dublin store) to buy the iPhone X? 64gb, the one released last year. I assume would have been reduced but can't seem to see it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Hi,

Would anyone know the best place (preferably, Dublin store) to buy the iPhone X? 64gb, the one released last year. I assume would have been reduced but can't seem to see it!

Thanks

It’s €1099 with Carphone warehouse but I don’t think you’ll find any special deals...

Consider the iPhone Xr later this year:

https://www.apple.com/ie/iphone-xr/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Buy yourself a 350 euro Android and save the hassle, apple phones are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Buy yourself a 350 euro Android and save the hassle, apple phones are crap

Valid point to be fair to you. I just watched a review on the XR and it said PPI (pixels per inch) are the same as an iPhone 4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Valid point to be fair to you. I just watched a review on the XR and it said PPI (pixels per inch) are the same as an iPhone 4!!

Same as the iPhone 5, 6, 7 & 8. It's a retina display.

Do you see the pixels on those phones? It's nice to have a high res screen but it drains battery and if you don't see the difference does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So completely ignore the higher resolution Xs that is out now? Xr is not out yet.

Also, there is no way that a €350 Android phone is as good as an Iphone or Samsung Galaxy S9 or Note 9.

As for the op's question. The X has been discontinued so there is no discount available from Apple. Best chance is to see if current stocks are reduced by carriers/shops or just get the newer Xs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

murpho999 wrote: »
    So completely ignore the higher resolution Xs that is out now? Xr is not out yet.

Also, there is no way that a €350 Android phone is as good as an Iphone or Samsung Galaxy S9 or Note 9.

As for the op's question. The X has been discontinued so there is no discount available from Apple. Best chance is to see if current stocks are reduced by carriers/shops or just get the newer Xs.

Found a store in Dublin City Centre selling iPhone X (64gb/sim free) for €800, brand new and sealed. Thoughts? Or would i better off forking out the extra 380 for the XS? Seem very similar between X and XS to me. I have an S8 at the moment and love the camera but really want to get back to iOS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Found a store in Dublin City Centre selling iPhone X (64gb/sim free) for €800, brand new and sealed. Thoughts? Or would i better off forking out the extra 380 for the XS? Seem very similar between X and XS to me. I have an S8 at the moment and love the camera but really want to get back to iOS.

Have you looked on Adverts. A few Apple forum members are selling their X in order to upgrade to the Xs or the XMax so you may get a good deal from a genuine seller.

Advertisement