Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Service's

Options
  • 19-09-2018 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all.

I have my MT10's first major service @6k miles. Seeing as its a fairly new bike I was conscious of having it done at an official Yamaha service centre. I contacted Danfay and they said there were three official authorised Yamaha service centres in the Dublin area.

1)Megabikes
    2)Bikeworld
    3)Moto4U

TBH I wouldn't be a fan of any of those, as I previously used Scotts bikes for the Fireblade before and was very happy.

Would I be arsed going to these or would any reputable shop be fine? I presume there will be a "Certified Service shop" Premium slapped on the bill or am I wrong?

I would usually do almost all of the maintenance my self but seeing as there is nothing in the service record logbook, I figured a certified service would be sensible should I ever go sell it.

I also have a track day booked for October and have already done the oil and filter with fully synth approx 2k miles ago. Question is do I request this to be left from the service, or get them to do it as I'm taking it on track in a few weeks? i.e fresh oil for the track even though the oil in'st that old.

Cheers.

Advertisement