Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving pipes

Options
  • 18-09-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I am building a new house. We have just finished the roof and chasing. I had the kitchen crowd in today and they said about moving pipes!! So i have an l shape kitchen. I want my range on a certain wall but my water and waste pipes are on that wall. Is it a big job to move the pipes/waste pipe to the opposite wall? He mentioned about drilling out through the wall for the waste pipe? Also i have the electrical chasing done. My oven switch needs to be moved also? Can this be done easily now. Hope this post makes sense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

To be honest nobody can tell you with certainty how easy or difficult it would be to move pipework from one wall to another without a site visit.
    Get a few local recommended Plumbers in to look at it and give you quotes for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

omf wrote: »
    Hi. I am building a new house. We have just finished the roof and chasing. I had the kitchen crowd in today and they said about moving pipes!! So i have an l shape kitchen. I want my range on a certain wall but my water and waste pipes are on that wall. Is it a big job to move the pipes/waste pipe to the opposite wall? He mentioned about drilling out through the wall for the waste pipe? Also i have the electrical chasing done. My oven switch needs to be moved also? Can this be done easily now. Hope this post makes sense
    Are you building by direct labour or have have you a builder doing the work,Did you discuss your requirements for kitchen and range with the builder or tradesman, Just chase the wall where you want your oven switch

Advertisement