Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circadian lighting

Options
  • 18-09-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on the best way to install some circadian based lighting. I'd like that when I walk into a room a light would automatically come in a temperature relevant to the daylight outside. IE during the day it would be cold white, evening warmer and night warm. I know that there's a bulb available that you simply hit the switch a few times to change the temperature but I'd like it all to be automatic. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Sounds roughly like this?: https://labs.meethue.com/formulas/huelabs/feel-better-with-light 
    I have a couple of Hues, and manually set the scene to my preference now (I also change the brightness in addition to the colour, to prepare children for bedtime) but haven't tried this particular formula myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Ah that sound like it does the job alright. I haven't installed any system yet, is it simply a case of clicking the Set Up This Formula button and it will self install via the bridge? Assuming the PC I'm using is on the same network.

Ah that sound like it does the job alright. I haven't installed any system yet, is it simply a case of clicking the Set Up This Formula button and it will self install via the bridge? Assuming the PC I'm using is on the same network.
    exactly, or do it via the Hue app on your mobile.
    The whole Phillips hue system is pretty slick alright - I live in a Nordic country at the moment, and I must say I found the different light temperatures helpful last winter (especially the cold cold white first thing in the morning). Be careful though, it can get addictive buying more and more bulbs at €40 a pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Dardania wrote: »
    it can get addictive buying more and more bulbs at €40 a pop!
    That sounds very simple thanks. Have you tried using Ikea bulbs with the Hue hub?

Dardania wrote: »
    it can get addictive buying more and more bulbs at €40 a pop!
    That sounds very simple thanks. Have you tried using Ikea bulbs with the Hue hub?

Not yet - haven’t looked hugely into them although I believe they can be rigged in with hue?
    Do they do the multi colour temperature white light?
    I have a feeling there is some restriction on using ikea with Apple HomeKit which would be hassle for me. At the moment I have all of the hue lamps plus some evo plug switches all being controlled via Apple HomeKit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

You can link f.lux to hue for this kind of lighting. May not be to everyone's taste though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's ok, for down lights is a muxh cheaper option. 7 euro a lamp vs 25.

I'd a bit of grief with one far away. Popped a hue table lamp in near it and sorted it out.

Advertisement