Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grove Bar Corbally anyone been?

Options
  • 18-09-2018 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone been in it yet?Hows the food?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Food is gone, they gave up on it few weeks back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Oh they seemed to have good reviews
    Mustn’t be be doing well so

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

food offer didmt last long so - I had tried it when it opened , and it seemed fine - steady competition with Hook and Ladder and Lush close by

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just looked at there Facebook page looks like it’s going for a very local crowd pool darts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Its a kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Very same as if in 7 years Goosers shut up shop and just opened up again no change .

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Limerick91

It has gone from advertising as a "Gastro Bar" to a pool, darts, soccer and cheap pints bar.

Doesn't sound promising

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

one of four pubs Owned\managed by same proprietors. all opened within weeks of each other with great prospects. Heights in Kilmore another, I think The Northern Star a third. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

Maybe downmarket is where they see the business being, which is a shame, cause thats where it went last time and it ended up shut. Huge upstairs part in that bar too, a busy & relatively prosperous area , lots of passing traffic, could be a good earner if managed right.
    Some pubs never get the right crowd, regularly , and just set themselves up to underperform. Physically, it looked very like the old Goosers inside, and maybe needed a better revamp and makeover. Minimum spent on revamp and relaunch.
    Tis a shame, as Corbally can surely support more than 1 pub given its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Glenomra wrote: »
    one of four pubs Owned\managed by same proprietors. all opened within weeks of each other with great prospects. Heights in Kilmore another, I think The Northern Star a third. Interesting.

The Punch Bowl and the Cauldron are another two but think the guy who owns the Cauldron is kicking them out as soon as the current lease is up. They've turned that place into The North Star 2.0, a right dump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I saw a sign outside The Cauldron one day "Mickey Money Bingo Night" class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Limerick91 wrote: »
    I saw a sign outside The Cauldron one day "Mickey Money Bingo Night" class

Imagine the special satisfaction of winning that pot!

Taking back cash that was rightfully yours, robbed from you by the government to give to people who didn't earn it.

Need to bust out the old granny disguise.

Advertisement