Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird "S" Oil Boiler

Options
  • 17-09-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate if someone could help with this.

Firebird “S" boiler going great until yesterday. Had heating on downstairs for about an hour. Noticed that heating was off and I discovered someone had inadvertently switched off the pump for downstairs.

The heating had been operating for about half an hour with no pump on. Turned on pump and it ignited and ran for about 15 seconds and turned off. Keeps repeating this.

Could it be high temp. switch ? If so could someone tell me where it is located, and is it just a matter of resetting it?.

There are 3 zones , up, down and h.w. controlled by 3 switches which are connected to 3 separate pumps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Its not the hi temp switch.,it could be a dirty photocell,faulty photocell,or partially blocked nozzle or in need of a service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

agusta wrote: »
    Its not the hi temp switch.,it could be a dirty photocell,faulty photocell,or partially blocked nozzle or in need of a service

any of these

plus combustion leak around the door or burner flange for burner mounting

id rule out photocell first as well

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Thanks for the replies lads.

Think I will get a guy out to service it so.

Advertisement