Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Admissions 2" Limerick University Hospital

Options
  • 17-09-2018 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Has anyone any idea, please, where Admissions 2 is in the Regional?

Taking an elderly relative out there tomorrow for 7.40am and I need to know where to take them. They have very poor mobility and a tendency to get a bit stressed. So I need to be able to just walk in authoritatively with them, and let them think I know where I am going :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thanks.

Will give them a call and hopefully find out where to go.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Bicycle wrote: »
    Thanks.

Will give them a call and hopefully find out where to go.

Much appreciated.

It's close enough to the entrance from either the underground car park or the new car park, on the same corridor as Costa coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

Coming from main reception. Get security to direct you to lift (only metres away from where they are based).

Go to first floor. When you exit lift ward 1b is on your right, staircase is ahead of you. Walk to left of staircase (ward 2b doors will then be in front of you) but turn right and admissions 2 is just around the corner with sign overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thank you everyone. And apologies for not getting back. I was out in the Regional for 7.20am, waited while the procedure was done and then did a full day's work!!

We went to the Main Reception area and asked for a wheelchair. A porter took us up to the first floor where we took a right turn at the doors of the eye ward then down a corridor and left and up another one. The porter was fabulous.

We then had to walk to the new building and take a lift up to the fourth floor.

Everyone was incredibly helpful and pleasant. The procedure was completed by 9.15am and I was able to leave patient to recover until early afternoon, when someone else collected her.

I know the hospital gets some bad press. But yesterday's experience was on a par with previous experiences in the Galway Clinic.

• Advertisement

Bicycle wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. And apologies for not getting back. I was out in the Regional for 7.20am, waited while the procedure was done and then did a full day's work!!

We went to the Main Reception area and asked for a wheelchair. A porter took us up to the first floor where we took a right turn at the doors of the eye ward then down a corridor and left and up another one. The porter was fabulous.

We then had to walk to the new building and take a lift up to the fourth floor.

Everyone was incredibly helpful and pleasant. The procedure was completed by 9.15am and I was able to leave patient to recover until early afternoon, when someone else collected her.

I know the hospital gets some bad press. But yesterday's experience was on a par with previous experiences in the Galway Clinic.

The way the hospital is ran is the reason for the bad press. The staff that have to put up with the way its ran are absolute heroes. Glad everything went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

The way the hospital is ran is the reason for the bad press. The staff that have to put up with the way its ran are absolute heroes. Glad everything went well.

Thats the HSE in a nutshell right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,304 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I got an email from them. This is their official map. :rolleyes:

461892.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Not only is that map laughably bad its horribly out of date.

The entrance to the main hospital marked 1 (old outpatient entrance) is closed, you now enter at 2 or 6
    Car parks P1 & P2 don't exist any more but there is a line of blue badge parking and a drop off zone at 2
    There is a new underground car park at 4
    Entrances 3 & 5 no longer exist
    The emergency department entrance has moved to E
    The blue line from the site entrance to 6 is now bi directional and there is a new car park at 6
    I have never been beyond point 7 but I thought that was staff only and delivery but I could be wrong.

461910.png

• Registered Users Posts: 78,304 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you want, could you add notes to https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/52.63415/-8.65324 using the 'Add a note to the map' button on the right? Not all buildings mapped currently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement