Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a new tattoo and want laser to remove it anyone had it done?

Options
  • 17-09-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    I recently got a cover up tattoo done and it was only meant to be a cover up and well its a hell of a lot bigger now and colourful. Im debating whether to get laser tattoo removal but I dont know would it work or if it hurts? Does anyone know is it worth it? Does it hurt? And do you get good results? Please help as I would love to get it all off.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Depending on the colours used it's gonna take a good few sessions and yeah, its gonna hurt. There seems to be various machines that vary in method and pain etc, but of course the cost is gonna be just as much if not more than the original tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shellyco92

Depending on the colours used it's gonna take a good few sessions and yeah, its gonna hurt. There seems to be various machines that vary in method and pain etc, but of course the cost is gonna be just as much if not more than the original tattoo.

Its mainly blue black and pink. The money wouldnt bother me as just want it off but the pain would be the ting that put me off. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I've tried all the machines in beauty places, tattoo studios, private folks and they all seem to be the same ****e.

Cheapest option was in the tattoo studios, about 50 euro a session.

Mine is black, thick enough lines, after about 20 sessions with different folks it's still there.

Your supposed to wait for about 8 - 12 weeks in between sessions for it to work properly, so lets say you need 12 sessions that's neraly 3 years before it's gone. If it even goes.

Better off sticking with the cover up.

that's my experience anyway. Doesn't hurt as much as people say, nothing like a tattoo, and it's over in a few minutes.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I've tried all the machines in beauty places, tattoo studios, private folks and they all seem to be the same ****e.

Cheapest option was in the tattoo studios, about 50 euro a session.

Mine is black, thick enough lines, after about 20 sessions with different folks it's still there.

Your supposed to wait for about 8 - 12 weeks in between sessions for it to work properly, so lets say you need 12 sessions that's neraly 3 years before it's gone. If it even goes.

Better off sticking with the cover up.

that's my experience anyway. Doesn't hurt as much as people say, nothing like a tattoo, and it's over in a few minutes.

Ohh ok so you didnt have a good experience so. I watched a good few videos on laser tattoo removal and some of the machines seem to get it all off and have good few results, i duno is that because its all new machines out now or wat.. how long ago did u get it done do u mind me asking? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Shellyco92 wrote: »
    Ohh ok so you didnt have a good experience so. I watched a good few videos on laser tattoo removal and some of the machines seem to get it all off and have good few results, i duno is that because its all new machines out now or wat.. how long ago did u get it done do u mind me asking? Thanks

I've seen them on TV on shows and they all seem to work so I don't know what standard machine they are using but from what I've seen around here they were no good. Someone must have a decent one so maybe research and see what's available.

I've been getting it done for about 4 years now and it's still there.

Should have just covered up myself.

It is working don't get me wrong, but taking a looooooong time.

Maybe I was just unlucky??

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I've seen them on TV on shows and they all seem to work so I don't know what standard machine they are using but from what I've seen around here they were no good. Someone must have a decent one so maybe research and see what's available.

I've been getting it done for about 4 years now and it's still there.

Should have just covered up myself.

It is working don't get me wrong, but taking a looooooong time.

Maybe I was just unlucky??

Where in the country did you get it done? Im from Sligo and theres 2 places that do it here... well i got a cover up which was quite painful and he put it huge and i didnt wanta big one, like it is nice but its too big on back of my shoulder.. maybe they arnt using a good one on ya.. isit painful?? 4yrs is a long time for it. It should only take a year!

Advertisement