Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are younger women misguided to think that we are very unsafe in today's world?

Options
  • 17-09-2018 4:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Older women over 50 don't seem to feel this way?

In relation to this there was a google doc written by New York female writer detailing her observations of men she meet or knew of to warn other women about men they might want to avoid for whatever reason wink wink

See
    Maura donegans list I think
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/13/sexual-harassment-****ty-media-men-list-examples

Should women be allowed to compile such a black list and disperse it confidentially to their groups ?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Older women over 50 don't seem to feel this way?

In relation to this there was a google doc written by New York female writer detailing her observations of men she meet or knew of to warn other women about men they might want to avoid for whatever reason wink wink

See
    Maura donegans list I think

Should women be allowed to compile such a black list and disperse it confidentially to their groups ?

Any link to it?

Mighr be an interesting to read
    Apparently a private whatsapp group between cads can ruin your career now.

And by the way, Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Reads like an article from the Dailymail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What?

As a mother joe.

• Advertisement

What's stopping them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Any link to it?

Mighr be an interesting to read
    Apparently a private whatsapp group between cads can ruin your career now.

And by the way, Who?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/13/sexual-harassment-****ty-media-men-list-examples

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Should they be allowed?

Yeah why the hell not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Should they be allowed?

Who allows or disallows

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Who allows or disallows

I suppose if the document or whatsapp group goes viral, it could become libellous

I suppose if the document or whatsapp group goes viral, it could become libellous

Easily sorted, don't tell lies about any named person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm not saying that there hasn't always been controversial threads/posts on boards.ie, I'm just saying I'm noticing a far higher instance of them being posted by people who've only recently registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There's some amount of absolute ****e talk coming out of AH last few days. The same username seems to keep popping up as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Isnt this why Hook got fired?

For pointing out that the world is full of rapists and thieves and general crazy people that you should be mindful of and not take unnecessary risks before all the snowflakes and SJWs starting accusing him of victim blaming?

Maybe they should just be taught to be adults and take basic safety precautions like the rest of us.

We teach children not to talk to strangers but its okay for adults apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

so-called equality has a lot to answer for, or rather the modern interpretation does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What?

Strange how that is always the first reply to 'her' threads.

And WHAT? indeed.

It's libellous, or not, whether it goes viral or not. So, what's your point?

Im starting to wonder should I feel unsafe on this thread, lots of threatening old men commenting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Im starting to wonder should I feel unsafe on this thread, lots of threatening old men commenting

if you have to wonder about feeling unsafe, you're probably ok.

It is an online forum. It's not like everyone else posting here is in the classroom with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Time for a Kneemos type super thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Reported for ageism.

We’re you expecting no comments on your thread, though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,562 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

When you come back, please refrain from posting like this. Banned.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,745 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Isnt this why Hook got fired?

For pointing out that the world is full of rapists and thieves and general crazy people that you should be mindful of and not take unnecessary risks before all the snowflakes and SJWs starting accusing him of victim blaming?

Maybe they should just be taught to be adults and take basic safety precautions like the rest of us.

We teach children not to talk to strangers but its okay for adults apparently.

The vast majority of violence against women is carried out in their own homes, by people known to them.

Talking to strangers is safe enough if you have a few wits about you.

Time for a Kneemos type super thread!

No, Kneemos's were genuine questions that he would discuss or seek clarity on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Its a really good question.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Its a really good question.

No it isn't really,
    The question is:

"Should women be allowed to compile such a black list and disperse it confidentially to their groups ?"

How do you police confidentially and private groups to "not allow" women
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Better safe than sorry.

However, men should apply the same logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Have you seen that couple that drugged and raped thousands of women in the US? It's a very different world out there for women. Nobody's ever tried to drug and rape me. Drug and rob me yes, sadly. Remember that guy that tried to rape a woman who was jogging (was it Dublin) a while back? Nobody's ever tried to rape me while jogging; if anything people seem to get nervous if I'm jogging towards them. :o Don't get me started on the female friends who have said 'Don't park your car there...' I've never had a problem no matter where I've parked... ...apart from that one time somebody robbed the tax disc off my motorcycle.

I'm not saying we're all out to murder and rape women, but they've got to be careful.

• Advertisement

i agree

Advertisement