Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathode Ray Chemistry Exam Help!

Options
  • 17-09-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

had an exam and it said draw a cathode ray tube experiment and it didn't specify what cathode ray tube to draw and there are many cathode ray experiments such as the 2 William crooks ones and the j.j Thompson one with the fluorence screen and passing the cathode Ray's through the small hole and i drew j j thompsons cathode ray diagram with the fluorence screen will i get any marks?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the question was just 'Draw a cathode ray tube experiment', you can draw any, unless the rest of the question made it clear it was a specific experiment they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭naxmax9

spurious wrote: »
    If the question was just 'Draw a cathode ray tube experiment', you can draw any, unless the rest of the question made it clear it was a specific experiment they wanted.

Yeah it didn't specify and everyone was confused after the end and a lot of us drew different cathode Ray tube experiments so I have no idea which one is right or wrong. It would be so good if we get marks for drawing any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

naxmax9 wrote: »
    Yeah it didn't specify and everyone was confused after the end and a lot of us drew different cathode Ray tube experiments so I have no idea which one is right or wrong. It would be so good if we get marks for drawing any of them

Is this for a class test? Ask your teacher what they wanted.

Getting my class test back tomorrow. I'm so scared of the result. So far I have a H2 in Maths and a H1 in biology (87% in maths and 100% in biology), but I have a feeling this chem test will break my streak. I was almost certain I would get a H1 or a high H2 in it but if the diagram is wrong, which would be unfair since it did not specify what diagram to draw, just said draw a cathode ray tube experiment, then I'll almost definitely be down to a H3 since the diagram will probably be a lot of more.

Oh no, I don't want a dreaded H3 so early on in 5th year. I'm literally hoping for the best tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

I wouldn't worry too much about the diagram because based on my own working through past exam papers two years ago, it's never been asked. You may be asked to discuss it, but a diagram of it hasn't been asked before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

naxmax9 wrote: »

Oh no, I don't want a dreaded H3 so early on in 5th year. I'm literally hoping for the best tomorrow.
    Nax, you seriously need to chill, or by the time the LC comes round you'll be running round the garden in the nip screaming your head off in the middle of
    the night! :p:D

Update: I got a H1 in the end :D

Advertisement