Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom

Options
  • 17-09-2018 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks,

Does anyone currenlty have their broadband with Pure Telecom in the Galway City area? they have won consumer awards for their broadband for 2018 and my contract with another supplier will be up in 2 months time so I'm just wondering what their broadband service/speeds/reliability etc. is like,

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Broadband forum

dudara

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Try Digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dympnab

Thanks I will look into them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I'm looking to move from Eir. Are Pure Telecom that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Try anyone except Pure.

• Advertisement

OK thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Here is a list of providers, that can offer broadband on OpenEIRs network:
    https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

Two of them are even local Galway businesses: Airwire and Lightnet.

/M

Thanks. I saw that list before but just wasn't sure about some of the smaller players. I may just go with Digiweb for 12 months and see how that goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Also looking for someone reliable , im out of contract with eir.

I've been with Eir for 18 months and generally the service was excellent. Though their customer support is atrocious recently. I can't contact anyone in there to discuss a new contract as there's no one manning the phones (waiting nearly 30 mins, so gave up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I was in telephone contact with Pure Telecom re FTTH.

I won't be ordering from them. Less than impressed. I will leave it at that.

Maybe, it was just the particular individual I was dealing with. Or, maybe not.

Advertisement