Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 17th September

Options
  • 17-09-2018 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Didn't do anything major today so far. As of now my bets are....

2.10 Brighton. Cricklewood Green. Layed @ 5.4/4.8

2.40 Brighton. Red Armour, backed @ 2.8/2.78

2.50 Worcester. Leoncavallo. Layed @ 2.3/2.28

Good luck in your bets today

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2.10 Top Beak 7/1
    4.40 earthly 10/1
    5.45 rathnaleen girl 10/1
    6.45 rock on barnay 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I've had Cricklewood green (2.10 Bri) & Kingfast (9pm Kemp) in my tracker, see them out today, dunno if today is the day for them though but might put a small double on just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Traded off on Leoncavallo in the 2.50 with a loss, too much money.

Looks like if it jumps around it will win.

Leoncavallo ended up losing, few fingers burned there. Hence don't change your bets when you make a decision, I'm kicking myself for doing so. It was a decent day. 2 winners and I just passed on that one. Hope you guys made a few bob today even though the racing is pretty crap.

• Advertisement

3.20 Worcester. Theo backed @ 2.1

Won well, I didn't rate dinsdale at all and if Theo jumped around it should win. The 'U' in it's form is always a worry but jumped well and won well!

4.00 Hexam Wozoski, layed for a place @ 1.7

Yep, I had an idea it would fade on the run in. Ground is testing

4.10 Brighton. Wiley post layed @ 3.95

• Advertisement

4.15 Galway. Thrones Game. Layed @ 1.84

Last bet of the day for me. Good luck!

Yes, one to watch on better ground I'd say but nicely beaten today. I'm done and I had a pretty good day. I think I had 7 bets, 6 wins and I traded off on that Leocarvallo with a small loss. Looked terrible racing but a few opportunities.

Tomorrow is another day - happy punting to all!

I'm been undecided about this all day but I'm going to go with it.

7.00 Kempton - Cuban Heel layed @ 2.48

Yeah definitely a bookies friend. Finished 2nd 5 times between 2017/2018. Needs a lower handicap mark and will probably get it after that run. I'm just sorry I didn't lay it for more than I did.

7.30 Kempton - Climb aboard. Will love being at a mile, forgive last run @ kept. Backed @ 3.15

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Didn't have a shilling on, but Ronan McNally take a bow, to get See Double You winning a race at that age requires some training performance. It's a wonder this lad only trains half a dozen horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Goat, I’m not sure for who’s benefit your putting up selections at the off time , think a log on the betting forum would be more suitable no?

BumperD wrote: »
    Goat, I’m not sure for who’s benefit your putting up selections at the off time , think a log on the betting forum would be more suitable no?

A lot of the time I make my final decision right about a minute from the off and by the time I type it here it's a minute or even a few minutes before the actual off time. Yesterday was a good example. That Leoncavallo. My original lay was on but there was floods of money for it just before the off so I traded off. It ended up losing but there you have it.

I don't post my original bets 'too early' in the day because I want to get a few quid on and I don't want to f*uk up the market. I literally have to feed it in.

I think I was looking for an active betting forum, this doesn't seem to be it so today will be my last day posting my selections. I'll post them now as of 11ish am.

Good luck in your betting today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

irishgoat wrote: »
    I don't post my original bets 'too early' in the day because I want to get a few quid on and I don't want to f*uk up the market. I literally have to feed it in.

I think I was looking for an active betting forum, this doesn't seem to be it so today will be my last day posting my selections. I'll post them now as of 11ish am.

No offence but im not sure there are people betting your selections from here. You dont really provide much reason for doing so which is what people like here.
    So I doubt posting your selections early is going to make much of a difference in the market shape.

Best of luck to you though.

Also as suggested. This isn't the betting forum this is the horse racing forum. There is a separate betting/gambling forum on boards. That might be more what your looking for.

I mean I don't want to mess up the market. I have my selections. Then I'd really like to see how the market is moving. If I put a grand on or even 500, that has the capabilities to send it into a tizzy in the morning.

I wasn't really looking for people to back my selections. If they want to, that's fine, if not....

I really can't give reasons why or why not I'm backing horses. There are many reasons. I have my own handicap book that I've been updating for years. I've owned horses so have a small few connections. I also live in 'horsey land' and know a few jockeys, however I've learned my lesson there. One particular jockey sent me over some info from Cheltenham, his 2 selections were beat @ short prices.

I didn't know there was a gambling forum here. I'll have a look at it, so thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement