Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving rectifier on cbr600f4

Options
  • 17-09-2018 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Rectifier burnt out so im replacing it with one from a yamaha r1. I want to move the rectifier so it gets more air as its current place is under the fairing mounted to the frame.
    Just looking for advice on where to mount new rectifier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hi guys,

Rectifier burnt out so im replacing it with one from a yamaha r1. I want to move the rectifier so it gets more air as its current place is under the fairing mounted to the frame.
    Just looking for advice on where to mount new rectifier

Is the new one Mosfet or a standard one? Mosfet will have FH on the serial number, standard will say SH.
    If its mosfet just change the plugs out and refit it in the same place, standard may need to have a better heat sink attached and check the connectors aren't corroded or you could melt them. For a heatsink I have heard of alloy plates behind the reg/rec and heatsink paste from PC builds being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Cant find a serial number on it ill try post link to it on ebay

I can't follow that link but if its a cheap Chinese copy be very wary, they can fail and cause a lot of problems including boiling your battery.

Where would the serial number be on it uf there was one?

• Advertisement

according to the item description the brand is YHC, that any good?

If you are having trouble with the RR then you need to check some things first.
    The wiring from the stator to the RR should be checked any connectors between the RR and the stator should be either checked/renewed or preferably removed entirely.
    Wire straight from Stator to RR is best.
    If you are replacing a bad RR then buy a genuine one the serial number will be printed on the side of the unit. The ones you want will start with FH, Ebay can often get you a decent second hand unit cheaply.
    Then follow this link and see how to set it up.
    They run much cooler and more efficiently than the older type and rarely give trouble.
    I would not recommend buying a no name unit, Shindengen is the one you want.

Takes for the advice ill check everythin before connectin new rectifier

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There was nothing but knock-off Shindengen units on eBay when I was looking for one. Got a MOSFET unit including heatsink from electrexworld.co.uk Not cheap but buy cheap buy twice as they say. Doesn't really need the heatsink as they run cooler anyway but no harm as there's hardly any airflow on my bike, the R/R is on the inside of the frame right behind the battery.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Did u have to modify the plate it sits on on the bike where u mount it to make it sit flush?

No.

The problem i was also having was that when the bike over heated the fan would come on and then bike would cut out, as if there wasnt enough power to power the lights and fan etc. Bike runs fine otherwise , would that new rectifier solve that problem?

Advertisement