Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin Distillery - U2 whiskey?

Options
  • 16-09-2018 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

Planning for a new Distillery has been applied for in monasterevin, CO. Kildare.

Directors of the company set up for the purpose are interesting.

One is a board member of U2 Ltd, the other a board member of press up group (loads of pubs and entertainment places incl Stella, Union Cafe, Dollard & Co etc etc)

Could U2 be looking at getting into Irish whiskey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Any more on this,

As far as I am aware KCC were looking for additional details and certain things were left off the plans ... so no final decision till additional paper work is sent back in.

harr wrote: »
    As far as I am aware KCC were looking for additional details and certain things were left off the plans ... so no final decision till additional paper work is sent back in.

Be interesting for the area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Be interesting for the area

I live not to far from it , next parish over , had a spin out that far a few weeks back .. it’s a fine site where it is but I would be worried about access to it ...the roads are all very small and at times hard for even two cars to squeeze by.
    But the site it’ is probably ideal. I can imagine it would great for the area and driving Around I couldn’t believe the amount of houses being built in the area, as a town I don’t think Monasterevin has many amenities.

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    I live not to far from it , next parish over , had a spin out that far a few weeks back .. it’s a fine site where it is but I would be worried about access to it ...the roads are all very small and at times hard for even two cars to squeeze by.
    But the site it’ is probably ideal. I can imagine it would great for the area and driving Around I couldn’t believe the amount of houses being built in the area, as a town I don’t think Monasterevin has many amenities.

Yeah I moved here 6 months back, it has everything you need , shops, pubs, chemists , credit union , hardware , GAA teams, Soccer teams , a state of the art gym, a train station with frequent trains. But they could do with adding more to the area, I think with the amount of housing estates going up that should be the plan.

Advertisement