Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to study abroad but...

Options
  • 16-09-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m in 5th year and I would love to study abroad in America. I feel that if I studied in Ireland, I wouldn’t get as great an experience as I’d still live at home and it wouldn’t be as exciting; just harder school :/. I get B’s so I’m not the worst but I also don’t really stand out apart from the fact that I won student of the year last year and I try more than anyone IN my year. I don’t know if there’s a point in trying to apply to abroad schools because I don’t think I’m that special...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Much more realistic to study abroad in Europe, look into Eunicas. Many fantastic universities available as options, plenty of them are better ranked and known internationally than TCD and UCD (the two top universities in the nation) and depending on where you study you'll possibly get to work with fantastic companies and actually be able to afford to live, unlike here in Ireland.

To study in the US your only option really is to get some kind of scholarship unless you're able to afford the extortionate fees.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Satoumu wrote: »
    . I feel that if I studied in Ireland, I wouldn’t get as great an experience as I’d still live at home and it wouldn’t be as exciting; just harder school
    Ireland isn't that small that every college is within commuting distance.

Why not UCD/UCD/UCC/UL (depending on where you don't live)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Europe is the option before the U.S
    there are english speaking colleges in Amsterdam etc that are worth checking out.
    The difference between a high B and a low A is only a few per cent so don't underestimate your ability and Erasmus is an option

Advertisement