Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable plumber in Baltinglass to install replacement Mira shower

Options
  • 16-09-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for recommendations for a reliable plumber in Baltinglass.

I have a Mira shower with no hot water and need to have someone install a replacement, same model.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bluferbl wrote:
    I have a Mira shower with no hot water and need to have someone install a replacement, same model.

What model mira have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What model mira have you got?

It's an Elite QT. Worked fine yesterday, no heat today...but it's leaking out out of the bottom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Might be better off asking in Quinns, they know who's good locally.

http://www.quinns.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bluferbl wrote:
    It's an Elite QT. Worked fine yesterday, no heat today...but it's leaking out out of the bottom too.

I was afraid you'd say that. These are the the worst showers I've ever come across. 20 percent failure rate. If you do want to replace it then you definitely don't want another mira elite qt. Triton t90sr is a better replacement.

The mira elite qt is only on the market just under 3 years. They have a 2 years parts and labour warranty so there is a good chance that it might be covered under the warranty. The leak is most likely the pump elbow. It's one of the many known issues with this model. If enough water is leaking there won't be enough pressure to activate the pressure switch. Pressure switch sends electricity to the element. Basically both problems could be the one part causing the problem. You can get the pump elbow replaced for around 100 supplied & fitted if it's out of warranty.

The shower doctors 01 6205657 will look after the shower under warranty.

You definitely don't want another elite qt when it needs replacing

Advertisement