Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash in hand magento work

Options
  • 16-09-2018 8:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Some guy wants me to help him out with a website he's developing. He's paying some guys in India to create the website using magento, and he's saying it might be ready to go live in a month or two. He says I'd need to first put 20 hours in, in order to get familiar with magento (which he'd pay me for), and from there that he'd pay me €15 for each product that I'd upload. I think most of it would just involve the 'catelog' feature. He says it can be very frustrating.

Also, I don't know if he's explaining it that well. So far, to me, it seems easy. However, I don't really know what uploading products involves. So what I'd like to know, is how does it get difficult. And what's the best way to learn about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Some guy wants me to help him out with a website he's developing. He's paying some guys in India to create the website using magento, and he's saying it might be ready to go live in a month or two. He says I'd need to first put 20 hours in, in order to get familiar with magento (which he'd pay me for), and from there that he'd pay me €15 for each product that I'd upload. I think most of it would just involve the 'catelog' feature. He says it can be very frustrating.

Also, I don't know if he's explaining it that well. So far, to me, it seems easy. However, I don't really know what uploading products involves. So what I'd like to know, is how does it get difficult. And what's the best way to learn about it.

It doesn't sound like Dev work anyway. You'd be adding items using the user interface, putting in the descriptions and categorising them.

€15 per product to do this sounds too good to be true. How are you going to know what titles and descriptions to use. What about the photos? Is it all order in a spreadsheet or something, or is it messy and unorganised?

I'd get an idea of how tedious it is before proceeding. Maybe check out the Magento demo?

https://www.advancedcontentmanager.com/demo/

He's not going to be paying you that much without it being worth it and it could be soul destroying. Pretty good money though. 4 an hour = €60 cash in hand. That's good money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

He says I'd need to first put 20 hours in, in order to get familiar with magento (which he'd pay me for), and from there that he'd pay me €15 for each product that I'd upload.

If he has a lot of products, he must be loaded. Secondly, it's not all that difficult to upload products. The real problem would be the integrations that can upload the products to the likes of Amazon and eBay.

You could install an instance of Magento on your own machine and play around with it, creating products and so on. You could check in with the lads in the Unix forum on installing and running Magento, which would give you another perspective on Magento.

Advertisement