Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bill pay package on any sim

Options
  • 16-09-2018 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering what the best option going around for a bill phone is these days. Will probably have a look at a comparison site later, but some weird ones were coming up at first (lycamobile?) so thought I'd throw this up to see if anyone's in the know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

bradlente wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering what the best option going around for a bill phone is these days. Will probably have a look at a comparison site later, but some weird ones were coming up at first (lycamobile?) so thought I'd throw this up to see if anyone's in the know.

What's your usage? Are you looking for unlimited calls, texts or data?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

What's your usage? Are you looking for unlimited calls, texts or data?

Usage not much, i get 5gb a month for 20 pre-pay currently, which takes 10 off my credit so is a pretty bad deal. But I don't use much more than that. I usually find myself topping up a lot more now because of landline costs, so I'm looking for calls and minutes more than anything.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bill pay is a very expensive way to go, they start at €30 a month with 3 and €40 a month with Vodafone, my bill is €60 a month with Vodafone and I can’t wait for it to end, works out cheaper to but the phone and use a sim only plan
    Vodafone x is a good plan sim only
    Vodafone data user plan is also very good as you keep the credit (€20)on your phone after topping up for 15gb a month and unlimited texts giving you the option of buying a call bundle if needed

I'd probably spend 30 on pre pay a month easily enough, once you're onto someone on landline for a few minutes half your credit is gone, and there's constantly some awkward number popping up that needs to be called for 10+minutes..

I'll check out vodafone x, will change to the data user plan for now as well, dunno how i missed that over the last while.

Vodafone X doesn't seem like a bad deal, strange how you don't need to prove you're a student even though its supposed to be specifically for that.

Do "network minutes" include landline calls?

edit-it does just read the ts n cs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,613 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lycamobile payg is cheapest
    Unlimited calls and 15gb data for €7.50pm
    Has some issues though
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057604420

just a warning, "network minutes" does not include 1800 numbers, and if you top up without changing your addon, Vodafone just eats your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

bradlente wrote: »
    just a warning, "network minutes" does not include 1800 numbers, and if you top up without changing your addon, Vodafone just eats your credit.

Irish 1800 numbers should be free, if you are being charged for these get onto comreg.

1890 are not free (but most/all 1890 numbers have regular geographic alternatives which ARE include in "network minutes" if you can find them)

yeh i meant 1890, will have to look if theres an alternative like you mentioned

Advertisement