Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal lights for going away

Options
  • 16-09-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hiya,

We're thinking of heading off for a couple of days and wanted to know what would be a good setup to get for turning on and off various lights in the house remotely or on a timer whilst we're away. Would anyone have a preference between getting a few smart lights or maybe just get a smart plug socket like the tp link models. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

If it's just for a couple days, to pretend someone's home and turn some table or floorlights on, then a few timer plugs will do fine, cheap, easy to set up - smart plugs are overkill for that.

But if you want to be able to control from outside the house, or in various scenario, you need to go for smart plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Thanks kenmc, that's all I would be looking for. I'll have a look at them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Speaking of timers, can anyone recommend any silent timers please? I'm using Ikea ones at the moment for lamps but I notice they get a bit noisy after a while and would like to replace them with something a bit quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Dusk to dawn are good also

Advertisement