Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Part holding Shower Door

Options
  • 15-09-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

**edit to bath shower screen**

Hi all. Not exactly plumbing but said I'd give it a shot anyway. My lodger was closing the shower door and it fell off the hinges. On looking at it it is the plastic part at the top that goes down in to the hinge of the door that snapped leaving the remaining plastic part screwed to the wall. I tried two shops today but no luck. It is about 10 years old so just wondering are these random parts available generally or do I need to buy a new shower door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

angeline wrote: »
    the plastic part at the top that goes down in to the hinge of the door that snapped leaving the remaining plastic part screwed to the wall..... It is about 10 years old...

A picture would help, but if it's any encouragement I was able to replace the roller wheels on an even older shower door easily enough last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

niallb wrote: »
    A picture would help, but if it's any encouragement I was able to replace the roller wheels on an even older shower door easily enough last year.

Have attached two pics. One is the remaining part on the wall. Second is the plastic bit that snapped off and was going down in to hinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

angeline wrote: »
    Have attached two pics. One is the remaining part on the wall. Second is the plastic bit that snapped off and was going down in to hinge.
    Is it a bath screen you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Try sugru maybe?

https://sugru.com

Payton wrote: »
    Is it a bath screen you have?

Yes it's a bath screen. Rang Woodies but they don't have them but told me Builders Providers prob do so must try there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

I doubt if you will get a part for your bath screen.They are not expensive,Woodies do sell bath screens

agusta wrote: »
    I doubt if you will get a part for your bath screen.They are not expensive,Woodies do sell bath screens

Yeah was thinking the same re just buying a new one although does seem a waste when all you're missing is a white plastic part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

If you pay a little more and buy a quality bath screen you wont have any issues.With cheaper bath screens, the hinges and seals are not so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I had a bath screen like that and it broke (top hinge) I took it into work and epoxy resin and fiberglass to put it back together. It's still fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you have the two parts would it be worth getting it copied on a 3D printer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement