Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB Mortgage Rate Change?

Options
  • 15-09-2018 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there
    Ulster bank and KBC announced reductions in their fixed mortgage rates in June & July but AIB does not seem to have responded with a cut (yet). Does anyone know why this might be and/or is it inevitable that they will follow suit soon?
    Any insights or advice would be very grateful as Im looking to see how I can cut down my repayments which are astronomical
    Thanks
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Conor.d2 wrote: »
    Hi there
    Ulster bank and KBC announced reductions in their fixed mortgage rates in June & July but AIB does not seem to have responded with a cut (yet). Does anyone know why this might be and/or is it inevitable that they will follow suit soon?
    Any insights or advice would be very grateful as Im looking to see how I can cut down my repayments which are astronomical
    Thanks
    Con

AIB has had bad fixed rates for some time while they have pretty competitive variable rates. I think it is a commercial choice on their part as they prefer having customer on variable rates.

So I wouldn’t hold my breath about their fixed rates and if what you want is a fixed rate you should seriously consider moving your mortgage to one of the two banks you mentioned who have had better ones than AIB for quite a while (even before their latest announcement I believe).

Advertisement