Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Connection Procedure.

Options
  • 15-09-2018 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭

I want to get a gas connection to my home. The property has been unoccupied for over two years and the meter has been removed. The boiler is the older type (Potterton) but in working order so I would intend keeping it for the medium term. The radiators are all in good condition. Will Bord Gais networks need to carry out a safety inspection in this instance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

chicorytip wrote: »
    I want to get a gas connection to my home. The property has been unoccupied for over two years and the meter has been removed. The boiler is the older type (Potterton) but in working order so I would intend keeping it for the medium term. The radiators are all in good condition. Will Bord Gais networks need to carry out a safety inspection in this instance?

Yes you’ll prob need an Anex E safety inspection after the meter is fitted. How do you know the boiler is working ok if there’s no gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Yes you’ll prob need an Anex E safety inspection after the meter is fitted. How do you know the boiler is working ok if there’s no gas?

Well, only from an electrical standpoint, it switches on and pumps water to the rads. Who conducts the Anex E? A regi nominated by Gas Networks Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

chicorytip wrote: »
    Well, only from an electrical standpoint, it switches on and pumps water to the rads. Who conducts the Anex E? A regi nominated by Gas Networks Ireland?

No you fire your own Rgi. Ring Bord Gais. They’ll tell you everything you need to get done

Advertisement