Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds changing

Options
  • 15-09-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

My parents are with Digiweb and live in the centre of a large town. They live in a housing estate and there block of around 4 houses are the only houses in the entire estate which cannot receive fiber internet (told by eir and Vodafone that they are too far away from the cab to receive fibre speeds) so they opted for digiweb who put a satellite on their roof and the highest speed which they can get is around 7.5 download and around 1 upload however the speeds can go as low as 1 download and 0.05 upload in the space of a few seconds.

Is there a way they can increase the speeds? The router is placed underneath their Tv and sky box and is very close to the home phone. Would moving it make much of a difference? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This happening when in close proximity to the router? Metro is probably congested to all hell.

What speeds are offered on ADSL (non fibre broadband)? A 5Mb ADSL line would be 10x better than congested 10Mb Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

Have you tried calling the digiweb tech guys? They can fiddle around with settings on their side, change your frequency, etc and maybe boost the speed a bit. They are pretty good with that. Unfortunately they can't solve my problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Are you sure its satelite broadband as opposed to fixed wireless?
    If it is satellite then those sort of fluctuations are likely unfixable.

If its fixed wireless (which I think it is), then call digiweb .

Advertisement