Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers little Richard?.

Options
  • 15-09-2018 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I remembers the ride out we done for little Richard?.

A young lad with a rare brain stem tumor. We met (a few from boards) at the Maxol beside Bikeworld, rode to Liffey Valley SC then onto Clarehall SC to meet the little lad.

Well basically we're doing it again this Wednesday evening. Same run, but to his home in Coolock this time.

Why?, at his families request because the little fella is now on borrowed time. It'll be our last ride out for him.

I've to get clarification on the timings but its looking like 7pm at the Maxol beside Bikeworld, ride out to the Circle K station in Ballymun for another meeting point then onwards to little Richards house in Coolock.

He loved all the bikes and lads in super hero gear last time.

Anyone?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Here's the official times (from Ray in Bikeworld).

Meeting Maxol at 6:15pm leaving at 6:45pm and heading to Ballymun (Circle K) for 7pm hook up with another group on to Fabios in Coolock for 7:15pm then 7:25pm leaving there to Moatview, Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Fair fecking play to the lot of yis!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Here's the official times (from Ray in Bikeworld).

Meeting Maxol at 6:15pm leaving at 6:45pm and heading to Ballymun (Circle K) for 7pm hook up with another group on to Fabios in Coolock for 7:15pm then 7:25pm leaving there to Moatview, Coolock.

Met him on the last run as well. Lovely kid!
    Awful what he and his family have to go through :(

Shame it's so early. I will try my best to be at Fabios at 7:15 pm.

MSVforever wrote: »
    Met him on the last run as well. Lovely kid!
    Awful what he and his family have to go through :(

Shame it's so early. I will try my best to be at Fabios at 7:15 pm.

I'll be riding a BMW R1200GS with two 'Judo' stickers on the back box, say HI if you see me please.

Anyone riding out tonight?

• Advertisement

Well the lad got a brilliant turnout this evening, probably close to 100 bikes.

A lovely gesture for the poor little boy and his family.

461698.jpg

Richard is a big superhero's fan and got presented with an Ironman helmet from Bikeworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fair play to whoever made it, poxy enough evening weather wise.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fair play to whoever made it, poxy enough evening weather wise.

It wasn't too bad tbh.

But 7pm the storm had blown over, but it was a bit nippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Not a biker but fair play folks that was a brilliant thing to do, you should all feel so proud and it gives us all perspective

MAJJ wrote: »
    Not a biker but fair play folks that was a brilliant thing to do, you should all feel so proud and it gives us all perspective

Unfortunately there are enough families out there to keep us active all year long round, esp December when we'd do a lot of charity runs to shelters, hospitals, care homes etc.

They can be long cold days, bitter/sweet but always appreciated by those we're helping and very rewarding for the bikers.

• Advertisement

I'll be riding a BMW R1200GS with two 'Judo' stickers on the back box, say HI if you see me please.

Was there myself. Great ride out and the smile on Richard's face was priceless. I was looking out for your bike but there were too many :)
    Are you also a member of Bikers of Eire?

Was there myself. Great ride out and the smile on Richard's face was priceless. I was looking out for your bike but there were too many :)
    Are you also a member of Bikers of Eire?

BOE, nope.

If you seen a GS do a wheelie or two coming out of Coolock village that was me.

Also, I'm in this photo (red rain coat under the leather cut).

461785.jpg

BOE, nope.

If you seen a GS do a wheelie or two coming out of Coolock village that was me.

Also, I'm in this photo (red rain coat under the leather cut).

461785.jpg

Yeah I saw you doing a wheelie :) Will say hello the next time. Unfortunately you can't bearly see me in the pic as cookie monster and another fellow were in front of me.
    Looking forward to the annual Harley Davidson spin for the women refugee home in Rathmines before Xmas. Hopefully I will have recovered by then from my upcoming surgery.

Yeah I saw you doing a wheelie :) Will say hello the next time. Unfortunately you can't bearly see me in the pic as cookie monster and another fellow were in front of me.
    Looking forward to the annual Harley Davidson spin for the women refugee home in Rathmines before Xmas. Hopefully I will have recovered by then from my upcoming surgery.

I haven't heard anything from the organizers of the Womens Refuge Run but I drove past the shelter during the week and it was closed, the front garden and driveway were overgrown and looking neglected and there was a chain on the gate so I'm not sure whats going on there.

What bike were you riding?.

I haven't heard anything from the organizers of the Womens Refuge Run but I drove past the shelter during the week and it was closed, the front garden and driveway were overgrown and looking neglected and there was a chain on the gate so I'm not sure whats going on there.

What bike were you riding?.

That's strange. I thought they wanted to refurbish the place. ...

I am riding a 2007 V-strom 650.

That's strange. I thought they wanted to refurbish the place. ...

I am riding a 2007 V-strom 650.

Its a wonder I never noticed a Vstrom since its one of my fav bikes. I was chatting with a lad with a brand new Vstrom 1000.

I fecking love those Vstroms.

Maybe the place is being refurbed, I'll try find out.

Its a wonder I never noticed a Vstrom since its one of my fav bikes. I was chatting with a lad with a brand new Vstrom 1000.

I fecking love those Vstroms.

Maybe the place is being refurbed, I'll try find out.

They're nice comfy bikes :)

Are couple of month ago I had the opportunity to swap the V-Strom 650 with a guy who wasn't too happy with the 1000 (I think his bike was from 2005). After test riding the 1000 I was glad to be back on the 650 tbh.
    The 1000 had more poke but had a snatchy throttle and wasn't as nimble.

That said the 2017 V-strom 1000 is a totally different bike. If funds were available I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Its with a heavy heart that I update this to say that little Richard died earlier today.

Rest in Peace lad

I'll post funeral details as soon as I have them.

Its with a heavy heart that I update this to say that little Richard died earlier today.

Rest in Peace lad

I'll post funeral details as soon as I have them.

It's absolutely heartbreaking that Richard suffered and died at such a young age.
    RIP.

Funeral arrangements

As soon as I have meeting points and times I'll post them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RIP Richard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Rip Richard.
    Met him at Clarehall....allways smiling and loved his super hero's and bikes too.

Rip Richard.
    Met him at Clarehall....allways smiling and loved his super hero's and bikes too.

I'm sure you've all the details already but from Ray Duffy's FB post;

https://www.facebook.com/raymond.duffy1/posts/10156291239527800
    Ok the call has been made....
    We meet at circle k Clonshaugh just off the Roundabout at the end of the M50 at 9am we pull out at 930 sharp from there to Start Francis of Assisi in priorswood where We will park on the footpath outside the church. From here we will accompany Richard on his last ride to the Crematorium after 10am Mass.

I don't have Superhero gear but I'll be wearing my Captain America helmet for him.

Advertisement