Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Helene- After Hours version

Options
  • 14-09-2018 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Separate thread away from the weather geeks. If boards.ie was an American high school canteen, I’d imagine we’d all be firing our meatballs over at them guys.

Anyway, it’s all bull. There’s no record of a hurricane ever hitting Ireland. The records only go back to 1978 though when the hall of records was mysteriously blown away.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I thought it was '86 the records were destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you read a bit of the weather geeks detail you'd see that by the time it arrives on Tuesday or so, the low pressure system that used to be Helene will bring a decent bit of rain to the west, a good stiff breeze for a while and some warmth and humidity. In other words, September.

Those that will suffer most will be potatoes; from blight. There will be chances to spray over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Night of the Big Wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I thought it was '86 the records were destroyed

It was, it was rebuilt in 82 and was mysteriously blown away again in 86 despite being built with specially reinforced straw.
    The new one is made of sticks and will apparently last a thousand years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

thats when i had a fish burger and five pints of carlsberg, still the stuff of legend in my household:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That was me after a particularly spicy local Indian curry.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

The weather forum users will have to get in a power washing company to clean the jizz off their computer screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Haters gonna hate :p

FYI

Hurricane Debbie in September 1961 was the last storm recorded not to lose it's tropical characteristics before it moved up the west of the country with the center or eye just off the coast.

It is the only storm on record to have effected Ireland and not transitioned to a post-tropical storm by the time it reached here (below).

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-06%20at%2012.02.48-33399.png&w=690&h=0&scale=0&crop=0

This system on Monday has a broadly similar track to both Ophelia and Debbie but is not as intense and will be post-tropical by the time it arrives here. It should move through very quickly and is unlikely to cause any major problems.

A bit of rain and wind never did anyone any harm.

There is not much to hype here. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

A bit of rain and wind never did anyone any harm.

As a (somewhat) famous comedian once said : It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement