Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messaged a boy and panicking

Options
  • 14-09-2018 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

A guy asked me for coffee last week but I was unsure so I said I was busy. I messaged him the following day and chatted briefly and haven’t heard from him since.

I thought about it a while and said what’s the worse that could happen, so I messaged him and said I’m free tomorrow if you still want to or not I dunno just said I’d say since you asked me last week.

Now I would never ever ever do that normally and I’m having an egg cos I know I’ll be rejected, I’m so paranoid now and wish I never sent the message

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’d suggest posting in all the forums. Make sure you post exactly the same thing each time though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

A guy asked me for coffee last week but I was unsure so I said I was busy.

I messaged him and said I’m free tomorrow if you still want to or not I dunno just said I’d say since you asked me last week.

Maybe the guy feels a little rejected too OP? That's certainly one way that your messages could be interpreted. You sound young OP so my advise would be to relax, stop worrying about these things. If the guy responds then great, if not, then next time don't be so shy, be confident in yourself - that is much more attractive to a guy and in turn will make him feel better about himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

When someone says "I can't, I'm busy" when asked out it's almost always taken as an outright rejection so I'm sure he probably felt this and took it as you not being interested. If someone is actually interested but can't meet up at the proposed time they tend to say "I can't, I'm busy that day but I'd like to do it on 'X' day".

Pretty strange that you couldn't just explain this to him in the first place when you messaged him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A guy asked me for coffee last week but I was unsure so I said I was busy. I messaged him the following day and chatted briefly and haven’t heard from him since.

I thought about it a while and said what’s the worse that could happen, so I messaged him and said I’m free tomorrow if you still want to or not I dunno just said I’d say since you asked me last week.

Now I would never ever ever do that normally and I’m having an egg cos I know I’ll be rejected, I’m so paranoid now and wish I never sent the message

So if you're rejected, then what are you gonna do? Have a meltdown? If he doesn't get back to you, or says no then just get on with your life, there's nothing else to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Look if I asked someone out, they said they were busy then they changed their mind the next day I wouldn't go out with them as I'd think they were a headwreck.

All you can do is chalk it down to experience. If ye meet up, great, if not it might help you say yes easier the next time you get asked out.

There's no need to freak out either way though. You are way over thinking this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement