Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 452 Scout

Options
  • 12-09-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Anyone ever come across or use one of these before?

I decided to get my first rifle for a bit of rabbit shooting to make a change from the shotgun. Down at my local gunshop i fell in love with a little Cz 452 scout that the prevous owner had kitted out to the last and couldnt resist putting a deposit on it.

Im aware that its considered a “ youth” gun but im sure theres someone out there using one :D

The picture is just for reference and not the actual rifle in the shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It'll be a handy light little thing to carry around walking fields. CZ are sound quality rifles for reasonable money so all should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Handled and shot on at the club, they had one as a club gun for youngsters and smaller people, women etc. Very light and handy, well made being a cz.
    I don't see how you could go wrong buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Croohur

The Americans love them as squirrel guns as they can be carried around all day and you as you are constantly pointing up into tall trees, your arms arent getting as tired. Also supposed to be very, very accurate. Almost got one recently, like yourself, to use around the fields on rabbits.
    The only thing I would say is - how far out do you normally hit the rabbits at? If you are going for longer distances, you would obviously need a decent sized scope, which can look a bit ungainly on the Scout. The rimfirecentral forum has oodles on the CZ 452 Scout, a search on the CZ sub-forum should answer all questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Croohur wrote: »
    The Americans love them as squirrel guns as they can be carried around all day and you as you are constantly pointing up into tall trees, your arms arent getting as tired. Also supposed to be very, very accurate. Almost got one recently, like yourself, to use around the fields on rabbits.
    The only thing I would say is - how far out do you normally hit the rabbits at? If you are going for longer distances, you would obviously need a decent sized scope, which can look a bit ungainly on the Scout. The rimfirecentral forum has oodles on the CZ 452 Scout, a search on the CZ sub-forum should answer all questions.

Yes been doing some digging and came across a good few American posts about using them for the squirrels. In regards to distances for rabbits i wouldnt know yet as havent gone after any yet as i would only use the shotgun for birds and clays etc. I wouldnt expect too far maybe between 75- 125 yards would be the average. I agree about the large scopes looking awful on them so maybe a small 3-9 x 40 would suit best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

GolfVI wrote: »
    Yes been doing some digging and came across a good few American posts about using them for the squirrels. In regards to distances for rabbits i wouldnt know yet as havent gone after any yet as i would only use the shotgun for birds and clays etc. I wouldnt expect too far maybe between 75- 125 yards would be the average. I agree about the large scopes looking awful on them so maybe a small 3-9 x 40 would suit best

A smallish 3-9x40 would be ideal. A larger scope would negate the purpose of a light carry all day long rifle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement