Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance issue

Options
  • 12-09-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I’m currently insured in a 04 1.9 TDI Audi and want to change over to a 05 1.6 D peougeot. It’s a newer lower power car and liberty want to charge me 30euro extra ??? Anyone know why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Administration charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

That’s a joke , I often got money back when transferring insurance. Makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

rottie 11 wrote: »
    That’s a joke , I often got money back when transferring insurance. Makes no sense

Did you ask them rather than random strangers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They are providing you with a service. And are charging accordingly. Same as any other business. Whilst it will probably be only a few clicks and a small bit of typing by the person doing the changeover for you... few minutes at most. Its time, which is money to anybody.

_Brian wrote: »
    Did you ask them rather than random strangers ?

Yes I did. She tried sayin I was going down in years even though I’m going up haha.

And when I corrected her she just said that’s what liberty want

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    They are providing you with a service. And are charging accordingly. Same as any other business. Whilst it will probably be only a few clicks and a small bit of typing by the person doing the changeover for you... few minutes at most. Its time, which is money to anybody.

I see what your saying but I still think it’s a joke , so if I transferred from my 1.9 to a 1.0 diesel I’m still going to be charged ? Makes no sense but shouldn’t expect any less really from insurance companies in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Fieldsman

Rottie I think you need to change you insurance company as I changed from an Audi TDI to a Peaugot 308 and got a lot of money back. You need put the ball in their court now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I see what your saying but I still think it’s a joke , so if I transferred from my 1.9 to a 1.0 diesel I’m still going to be charged ? Makes no sense but shouldn’t expect any less really from insurance companies in this country

They are a business and will make money at any opportunity. The same applies for a lot of other insurance companies. Size of car engine, power dont come into it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fieldsman wrote: »
    Rottie I think you need to change you insurance company as I changed from an Audi TDI to a Peaugot 308 and got a lot of money back. You need put the ball in their court now and again

It depends. Cancelling a policy in the middle of the year would likely incur some other fees and you would lose out on a years NCB if that was important. Of course, everyone should shop around at renewal time.

Fieldsman wrote: »

Yes I’ll 100% be changing from them next year, It’s not only over this but I’m also being screwed on my premium year after year

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    They are a business and will make money at any opportunity. The same applies for a lot of other insurance companies. Size of car engine, power dont come into it.

Yes basically robbing us at every opportunity, cheers for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

rottie 11 wrote:
    Yes basically robbing us at every opportunity, cheers for reply

Insurance in this country is a rip off.I've got a 2002 Nissan Almera and I'm paying €700 a month for its insurance.Car itself is worth €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Yes I’ll 100% be changing from them next year, It’s not only over this but I’m also being screwed on my premium year after year

What if they're the cheapest? Will you still move?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

I’m currently insured in a 04 1.9 TDI Audi and want to change over to a 05 1.6 D peougeot. It’s a newer lower power car and liberty want to charge me 30euro extra ??? Anyone know why
    I'm with liberty,changed last week,same fee

Advertisement