Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel 12/9

Options
  • 12-09-2018 11:13am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

2.40 king of leinster 14/1
    3.50 Prosecution 10/1

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2nd & 1st

Kerry national on and not a sinner about

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Snow Falcon for me. Trip and ground ideal. Lets hope they ride him a bit closer to the pace today. GL

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Fancy halve the field in this but going to take a chance on shantou Village at 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Nice winner but probably knocked about 10 years off my life after watching that. Big race and JM feels the need to look around on the run-in. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just watched the bumper there, Patrick should be getting a big ban for that. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I must watch it back but Deegan was equally to blame I thought. He was trying to make a gap that wasn't there. I thought it was reckless enough from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

kiers47 wrote: »
    I must watch it back but Deegan was equally to blame I thought. He was trying to make a gap that wasn't there. I thought it was reckless enough from both.

Not a hope , Mullins repeatedly closed the door , knew exactly what he was doing

Was a horrible fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

akelly02 wrote: »
    Not a hope , Mullins repeatedly closed the door , knew exactly what he was doing

Was a horrible fall

As I said I must watch it back. I've only seen it the once without any replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It looked to me that there was a gap as the horse made it's move and it was a combination of the gap closing slightly and rising ground that caused the horse to lose his footing. Watching the replay - it all happened in less than 1 second and I think it would be hard to attribute blame to anyone.

Hopefully Deegan will be ok
    The report on Irishracing said the jockey walked to the ambulance.
    "Thankfully Deegan was reported to have walked to the ambulance having been down for a while.
    He was concussed and has been taken to Kerry University Hospital for further assessment."

"The Stewards wished to enquire into possible interference about one and a half furlongs from the finish involving Doctor Duffy, ridden by Mr R. Deegan, a faller and Eileen O, ridden by Mr P.W. Mullins, placed second, where it appeared that Doctor Duffy ran short of room and fell.

Owing to the injury sustained by Mr Deegan in the fall, the IHRB Medical Officer informed the Stewards that Mr. Deegan was unfit to give evidence at this enquiry and in the circumstances the Stewards referred the matter to the Referrals Committee. "

Advertisement