Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSC Installer in Cork

Options
  • 11-09-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help finding a home alarm installer based in Cork. The market seems to be well covered with installers who know HKC, but I need a DSC Power Series Alarm installed (not the newer Neo series).

Why? This is part of a home automation project. I need the help of an installer to get the Power DSC installed, along with an Envisalink4 card. This will pass messages to my home automation system (Fibaro and SmartThings). I don't want a SmartAlarm system (Nest for example), I want a standard alarm system, which is reachable over a network. The goal being (for example) when we set the alarm to Full-Set, then the home automation system knows the house is empty, and should start simulating occupancy at sunset etc.

I can do the home automation piece, but I'm struggling to find an alarm installer near me who can help with DSC. Any recommendations?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chrisjcbt

chrisjcbt wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for some help finding a home alarm installer based in Cork. The market seems to be well covered with installers who know HKC, but I need a DSC Power Series Alarm installed (not the newer Neo series).

Why? This is part of a home automation project. I need the help of an installer to get the Power DSC installed, along with an Envisalink4 card. This will pass messages to my home automation system (Fibaro and SmartThings). I don't want a SmartAlarm system (Nest for example), I want a standard alarm system, which is reachable over a network. The goal being (for example) when we set the alarm to Full-Set, then the home automation system knows the house is empty, and should start simulating occupancy at sunset etc.

I can do the home automation piece, but I'm struggling to find an alarm installer near me who can help with DSC. Any recommendations?

Sorry for nudging this, but are there really no DSC Alarm installers in Cork?? I tried a local installer Catch, but they also don’t do DSC, mainly HKC.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

chrisjcbt wrote: »
    Sorry for nudging this, but are there really no DSC Alarm installers in Cork?? I tried a local installer Catch, but they also don’t do DSC, mainly HKC.

Thanks,
    Chris

Unfortunately some only know one system.
    You could try calling some suppliers in the area and see who they are selling to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

chrisjcbt wrote:

The home automation element will put many off.

There is a home automation forum.

Many people have achieved what you are looking for.

The Siemens systems have a decent iot set up. With web access to the state of all the sensors and the alarms current state.

There are other systems again.

Advertisement