Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Controller

Options
  • 11-09-2018 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi looking for advice on what controller to get for a combi boiler (ideal logic) i'm having installed, are wifi ones worth specifying or are they costly for their functionality. I'm only used to the very basic digital ones that only had 2 on/off time bands so reckon i'll be easily impressed
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can I advise ensuring that the installer does not connect it to the mains. It's against building regs for Dublin but its easier for the plumber.

After these are installed we have to explain to the homeowner that most thermostatic showers won't work because the installer connected it to the mains. The best way to connect a combi boiler in Ireland is to take the feed from the attic tank and pump it to the combi. This ensures that the cold water supply to the shower is of equal pressure to that of the hot & the shower can function correctly.

DCC require that each dwelling has a 24 hours supply of water in the attic tank

Advertisement