Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use a 12ft deadbait rod off a boat?

Options
  • 11-09-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I’ve just started pike fishing & im looking to get a 12ft deadbait rod for the winter.I was wondering will I be able to use that on a boat too? From what I’ve read 10ft seems to be the ideal size off a boat so will 12ft be a bit too much & better suited fished from the shore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Pretty much exactly what you said. But if you only have a 12ft use a 12ft - No law against it - it'l just be a little more awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Depends on what you want to do from the boat. If you want to throw out a deadbait or troll a bait it would be fine. I done it for years with a 12 foot rod.
    If you are going to be casting it a bit more consider something a between 9-10ft.

Advertisement