Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handlebar risers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Easy job....just be careful when drilling the holes that you go either side of the moulding supports underneath...if you kwim...;)

Theres a lot cheaper on ebay...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Motorcycle-HandleBar-Fat-Bar-Riser-Clamp-1-25mm-For-Harley-Honda-Yamaha/152756280098?hash=item2390fbdb22:g:2nUAAOSwjodZ7uUP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Easy job....just be careful when drilling the holes that you go either side of the moulding supports underneath...if you kwim...;)

Theres a lot cheaper on ebay...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Motorcycle-HandleBar-Fat-Bar-Riser-Clamp-1-25mm-For-Harley-Honda-Yamaha/152756280098?hash=item2390fbdb22:g:2nUAAOSwjodZ7uUP

Are the pretty much universal? A mate tells me that the existing yoke can only take the single bolt riser ( not wide enough for the double). I reckon Ill need longer cables as well. Clip ons are too uncomfortable, mind you im 50.

Universal yes..unless you get bike specific ones that are €€€€€€......put masking tape on the yoke..measure the distance between the knurled parts on the bars...you might find that the holes are right above a strengthened part on the yoke...it's ok to move them out a few mill...but not inwards...if it's a big issue you can put flat 6mm bar to act as a washer under the yoke and trim to look neat...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

If your gonna use renthal type bars be sure your existing throttle/clutch/brake cables etc are long enough sometimes these need to be changed

mamax wrote: »
    If your gonna use renthal type bars be sure your existing throttle/clutch/brake cables etc are long enough sometimes these need to be changed

They'll have to be changed, yes.The clutch cable might be all right,the rest won't be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Seems like a lot of hassle, would it not make more sense to change the bike to one that has bars setup the way you want, or at least easier to do it?

colm_c wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of hassle, would it not make more sense to change the bike to one that has bars setup the way you want, or at least easier to do it?

Not hard to do at all....you'll probably find that the cables from a bandit or similar Suzuki will be long enough..some bikes you can get longer cables for check ebay..

colm_c wrote: »

I like the sv650s though. I have considered changing but that would cost a couple of grand where as this should be doable for a few hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Don't forget to see of your new bars foul the fairing on lock....

See if you can get a used top yoke with bars from a standard SV. And it's cables etc would match fur length

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement