Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longchamp 2018 Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe

Options
  • 11-09-2018 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭

So just booking my tickets for this. Not sure why i waited so long but i only decided i was going about 3 weeks ago.

In any case it seems with the new setup that they have segregated out the parade ring as a separate access area and it looks impossible to get at which is a bit of a major deal for me. Parade ring access used to be included with the standard grandstand ticket before as far as i remember which was less than €30 at longchamp although it is about 5 or more years since ive been to longchamp now. Now it seems that you need a separate ticket to access and the bleeding things are sold out as well as the prices nearly trebled. (****ing French)
    https://www.billetterie.france-galop.com/uk/QPAT

I dont mind paying the €75 but i cant even do that.
    Has anyone been over to any meetings this year since the re-opening and if so how easy is it to move around?
    Wondering if i will be able to sneak in as i cant seem to buy a ticket.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Actually it seems that the Main stand will have access to the parade ring at some level still according to the site so ill go with that.

• Access to Arc's Gardens
    • Access to Finish Line Enclosure
    • Access to the Ground Floor & Level 1 of the stand, with the view of Parade Ring

Seems the extra ticket is only for extra parade ring access.
    Crisis averted!! Although ffs Longchamp i know you have a shinny new stand but trebling the price is a bit excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

kiers47 wrote: »
    Actually it seems that the Main stand will have access to the parade ring at some level still according to the site so ill go with that.

• Access to Arc's Gardens
    • Access to Finish Line Enclosure
    • Access to the Ground Floor & Level 1 of the stand, with the view of Parade Ring

Seems the extra ticket is only for extra parade ring access.
    Crisis averted!! Although ffs Longchamp i know you have a shinny new stand but trebling the price is a bit excessive.
    I haven't been for a few years now but it was 8 euro for a while there!!! 8 bleedin' euro. I read a thing recently that they were upping the price by quite a bit. The journo was (rightly) pointing out that the place is normally 90% empty for any day other than the Arc. Went to the 2,000 Guineas meeting once. Grand day. Definitely less manic than the Arc anyway.

Itziger wrote: »
    I haven't been for a few years now but it was 8 euro for a while there!!! 8 bleedin' euro. I read a thing recently that they were upping the price by quite a bit. The journo was (rightly) pointing out that the place is normally 90% empty for any day other than the Arc. Went to the 2,000 Guineas meeting once. Grand day. Definitely less manic than the Arc anyway.

Ya the paddock across from the stand is cheap alright. I think the last time i was at Longchamp it was €25 for the main area with access to the parade ring which is basically €75 now.

I was at Chantilly 2 years ago and that was in that €25 range as well, no more than 30 anyway.

Will be interesting to see how full the place is at that price. The infield place i mentioned is €15 but you dont get much in there. I cant imagine the Paris locals flocking in at that price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

kiers47 wrote: »

Ya the paddock across from the stand is cheap alright. I think the last time i was at Longchamp it was €25 for the main area with access to the parade ring which is basically €75 now.

I was at Chantilly 2 years ago and that was in that €25 range as well, no more than 30 anyway.

Will be interesting to see how full the place is at that price. The infield place i mentioned is €15 but you dont get much in there. I cant imagine the Paris locals flocking in at that price anyway.
    I'd say numbers will be down a bit alright. If you've been going for years and paying small money that hike to 75 would put you well off. Btw, when I say 8 euro, I'm not talking 20 years ago, I saw the Sea the Stars win. And I had access to all the main areas, parade ring and so on. In fact I nearly preferred that set up to the one year we got seated tickets. The freedom of movement wasn't the same. Also, I have to say that even though I have great memories (went about 8 times) it was always a bit hectic. Not exactly 'enjoyable' like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I went the trials day a few years ago

I think it was €5

About 200 people (max) watching the races

Poor attendance for such a card

Was great for getting around mind

• Advertisement

I'd say numbers will be down a bit alright. If you've been going for years and paying small money that hike to 75 would put you well off. Btw, when I say 8 euro, I'm not talking 20 years ago, I saw the Sea the Stars win. And I had access to all the main areas, parade ring and so on. In fact I nearly preferred that set up to the one year we got seated tickets. The freedom of movement wasn't the same. Also, I have to say that even though I have great memories (went about 8 times) it was always a bit hectic. Not exactly 'enjoyable' like.

Ya there has been a few price hikes in the time I've been going anyway I've been maybe 5 times in the past 10 years. But the latest is off the scale. Granted I have the flights and room booked so 75euro it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Enjoy it kiers, arc on my bucket list

BumperD wrote: »
    Enjoy it kiers, arc on my bucket list

Cheers Bumper. Yes it's a good trip well worth it.

Actually I really enjoyed Chantilly 2 years ago. Was my first time there and it's a nice town around it. I must make it back for the derby some year.

Meant to post this article yesterday. I dont really agree with the contents but it sheds some light on the hike.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/sep/04/talking-horses-prix-de-larc-de-triomphe-ticket-hike-has-some-logic

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I'm also going. Heading over Friday and coming back on the Monday evening. Got a weekend pass for the finish line enclosure for €90. Not the biggest flat punter but will obviously get involved. Looking forward to it

• Advertisement

On this thread on betfair, there is a promo code

http://community.betfair.com/horse_racing/go/thread/view/94102/31434855/parislongchamp-advice

Promo code :

mmmalushka 03 Aug 18 12:20
    https://www.billetterie.france-galop.com/uk/qpat?_ga=2.43359526.205817641.1533234466-264646870.1533234466#

elmasters,use the above link to register with France Galop,nearer the time they will email you with a promo code for reduced ticket prices.Which ticket to buy? I have been to every Arc since Dalakhani and have seen many changes along the way I suspect the new changes are for the worst.I certainly wont be paying the 70uero for the grandstand finish line without access to the parade ring and I dont think the French public will either.Anyway bon chance whatever you decide because it really is a fantastic days racing.
    mmmalushka 12 Sep 18 17:15
    TWO tickets for the price of one with France Galop use promotional code 2018QPAT1=2 or register with FG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

abarkie wrote: »

Just checking that it's not just me but that promo code is only valid for the €75 euro ticket, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Who wins the arc then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

1 Clincher
    2 Patascoy
    3 Nelson
    4 Capri
    5 Tiberian
    6 Enable
    7 Salouen
    8 Talismanic
    9 Cloth Of Stars
    10 Way To Paris
    11 Neufbosc
    12 Hunting Horn
    13 Waldgeist
    14 Kew Gardens
    15 Sea Of Class
    16 Magical
    17 Louis D'Or
    18 Defoe
    19 Study Of Man

Literally everything has gone Enable's way in the draw. She's safely tucked in in draw 6 while those nearest to her in the betting are drawn 13, Waldgeist, 14 Kew Gardens and 15 Sea Of Class with the French Derby winner Study Of Man off out on 19.

Off that draw apart from Enable of those favoured by the draw only the hardy Capri appeals as a place prospect as does Cloth Of Stars who could still put in a bold show after a very disappointing year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hard to look past the favourite, but if anything can take it on, then it's going to be Capri, who should have no trouble with the trip or ground but also has the vital favourable draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Hard to look past the favourite, but if anything can take it on, then it's going to be Capri, who should have no trouble with the trip or ground but also has the vital favourable draw.

I backed him ew on the logic that he'd stay on like Order Of St George did. I think it was a cowardly bet as I've plenty of faith in Sea Of Class, I let her bad draw put me off backing her and deserve to be sickened if she wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Clincher at 124.37 is my bet.

Enable with only one run in 2018 is going against the typical preparation of an Arc winner, from 3 to 7 runs before the race.
    Capri ran poorly in the Arc in 2017, and has only two runs in 2018.
    Patascoy at 55s looks interesting, a 3yo, 2nd in the French Derby from draw 17, drawn 2 today, ridden by Olivier Peslier, looks a little small, may lack pace.

Advertisement