Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung A8/A8 Plus

Options
  • 11-09-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Picked up a Samsung A8 on the weekend.

Excellent build quality. Charged to 100% when I got it and after 24 hours there was 13% left. This was with fairly heavy usage (3 big system updates including Oreo) and installing apps, messing with settings etc.

Camera is mediocre. Nothing special (I'm comparing to a P20!) The front camera is excellent (dual - camera). Wouldn't know it's a mid range chipset either (Equivalent to the SD 620/630 , I believe) , it's smooth and no lag (Although I only have a few apps installed to be fair)

These retailed at 550 when first announced, still 549 on Eir and currently 439 on Vodafone and but I got mine for 300 sealed in the box, sim free on Adverts.

I'd recommend for someone looking at a mid range Samsung phone with a decent screen and good battery at an affordable price. I got the 4GB RAM/32GB internal (there is 4gb/64gb available too) but I can expand with the memory card slot. The Plus model has a bigger screen, bigger battery and 6GB RAM and are around 430 euro on Adverts.

Just didn't see any threads on the phone so said I'd throw in an opinion on it! Of course there are better spec'd phones at the price (Xiaomi Pocophone and the likes) but it's an alternative. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement