Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mi Box Oreo Upgrade Stalled

Options
  • 10-09-2018 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Opened my Mi Box and clicked on the Oreo/Upgrade to Android 8 system upgrade and the box started d/l a 620mb update. However the update has stalled at about 90%

What should I do? Has the upgrade worked for others?

Ok, so I plugged the box out and back in and went to system update again and was informed that the update had in fact completed and had the option to click install. Did that and checked in 'About' and I have Version 8.0.0 installed.

Well hopefully this post might help others if the d/l stalls.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I saw an Oreo update notification on mine last night, am already on Oreo, download was 620MB, I clicked download but it stopped after a while, rebooted and no change, might be just a mistake from their update server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

How to you find these boxes? I have a H96 Pro Plus and the thing is buggy as hell.

I only want it for IPTV and playing files from a USB key so I'm not asking much of it

When I play HD IPTV football streams the grass looks completely off and playing a file from a USB key is a lottery

I might pick up a mi box if you are getting on well with them?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lassykk wrote: »
    How to you find these boxes? I have a H96 Pro Plus and the thing is buggy as hell.

I only want it for IPTV and playing files from a USB key so I'm not asking much of it

When I play HD IPTV football streams the grass looks completely off and playing a file from a USB key is a lottery

I might pick up a mi box if you are getting on well with them?
    Cheers

I use mine for Netflix, iptv, streaming movies adn it all just works. No issues. Has the USB on the back and a file manager so I can't see it being an issue. Vlc is also available for Android TV.

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to watch soccer on IPTV? If so, does the pitch look OK?

I know it's a weird question but when I watch soccer on the H96 box in HD the grass looks dreadful but it's fine watching a TV programme.

It's not the IPTV provider as my Nano-3T box plays it perfectly but that's not great at handling file playback!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lassykk wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to watch soccer on IPTV? If so, does the pitch look OK?

I know it's a weird question but when I watch soccer on the H96 box in HD the grass looks dreadful but it's fine watching a TV programme.

It's not the IPTV provider as my Nano-3T box plays it perfectly but that's not great at handling file playback!

I don't but I can check later.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I don't but I can check later.

Cheers, I'd really appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sorry to go off topic but I've never owned an android tv stick. I want to get one for my dad and set it up for him. Myself I have android installed on my PC connected to my TV so I don't need one :)

I want to know is the Mi Box rootable or come rooted. My dad has never used a computer and I would like to be able to block adds and pop ups, especially on those free iptv apps. Also I take it that the box comes with a basic control stick. Is this really tricky to type with and is there a keyboard made specially for the MiBox or should I just get any bluetooth keyboard, maybe even fork out for good one?

Edit: Okay ignore the above not that anyone replied anyway. I've done some research on the device since. I wouldn't do the Oreo update from what I have read as it makes the device a bit sluggish which is not uncommon a thing to happen on a system software update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

WezzyB wrote: »
    I saw an Oreo update notification on mine last night, am already on Oreo, download was 620MB, I clicked download but it stopped after a while, rebooted and no change, might be just a mistake from their update server.

Got this update today. It installed fine for me.
    Haven't a clue what the update is about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Guys, any idea how to fix the "No apps can perform this action" error on the unknown sources tab in security and restrictions, I'm trying to install an app that I've sideload but I can't allow unknown sources for some reason???

Any help would be appreciated.

See attached pic BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

daftdave wrote: »
    Guys, any idea how to fix the "No apps can perform this action" error on the unknown sources tab in security and restrictions, I'm trying to install an app that I've sideload but I can't allow unknown sources for some reason???

Any help would be appreciated.

See attached pic BTW

You need to find the setting to allow 'unknown sources' in your device. Then the pop up should not appear when you sideload any app. On android fones the pop up appears only when US is set to off and would normally link you directly to the setting to turn it on but the link doesn't appear to be enabled on your device so you have to find the setting manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH-QVelg78

• Advertisement
Advertisement