Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure what to do.

Options
  • 10-09-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So earlier on I had a claim review with my local intreo office, During which I was given a disability form and taken off my job seekers, after reading through the form and giving it some thought I feel like its not really for me and I think I should still be on JS, I'm not sure if I should go back and say I made a mistake or fill out the form.

Any help or ideas on what the best course is for me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is there a medical issue that will prevent you from working (injury, illness) find it a little odd they would suggest DA if your capable of looking for work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Dexxy123 wrote: »
    So earlier on I had a claim review with my local intreo office, During which I was given a disability form and taken off my job seekers, after reading through the form and giving it some thought I feel like its not really for me and I think I should still be on JS, I'm not sure if I should go back and say I made a mistake or fill out the form.

Any help or ideas on what the best course is for me?

If you told them that you weren’t available for work because of an illness or injury or disability that you have then they wouldn’t have any choice but to take you off Jobseekers payment.
    If you’ve changed your mind and have decided that you are fit for any kind of work after all then you can go back and say that you misunderstood what the conditions for Jobseekers were and you are happy to go to training or job interviews or a course of education or anything else they suggest and you don’t want to apply for Disabilty after all.
    It’ll be fine. Don’t worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dexxy123

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you told them that you weren’t available for work because of an illness or injury or disability that you have then they wouldn’t have any choice but to take you off Jobseekers payment.
    If you’ve changed your mind and have decided that you are fit for any kind of work after all then you can go back and say that you misunderstood what the conditions for Jobseekers were and you are happy to go to training or job interviews or a course of education or anything else they suggest and you don’t want to apply for Disabilty after all.
    It’ll be fine. Don’t worry.

Thanks for the reply, I told them that I have issues with depression and back pains after walking for a good while, I've been having some serious anxiety all day cause i have been making myself think that I messed everything up and such, I guess I will just go back up in a few days and say I want to go back on Jobseekers.

Advertisement