Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with heating baxi 35/80

Options
  • 10-09-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all.

I've read through the post with similar issues and still can't figure it out. I've got problems with 3 rads, 2 the pipes going up to it don't even get hot and the 3rd is heating at the bottom only, bleeding it does nothing to raise the level of water.

Boiler is only at 0.5 bar. I did bleed some rads a few weeks ago so maybe dropped the pressure in the system and need to top it up?

I can't figure out how. I have attached images of my boiler and hit press. All valves are fully open to the left except the 2 in image with towels. They won't move. Need to try loosen them up.

Any help appreciated as New born in the house so need to try get all rads working and can't afford a plumber til end of month.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 robertj3003

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The looped silver tube at the red towel is your filling valve.
    Note the position of the centre spindle on the bottom section, turn it slowly to bring system pressure up to approx 1.25 and close again.
    Turn white thermostatic valve on cylinder to off, turn off all rads except one of the problem rads, making sure the valves are open, and turn on boiler.
    Any air locks should get pushed out of that section and rad should heat.
    Repeat with all other rads.
    Put cylinder thermostatic valve back to where it was between 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 robertj3003

Thanks, always wondered what that was. Will give it a go this evening, hopefully will work

• Registered Users Posts: 10 clarker92

Hi All
    My baxi boiler is showing low pressure and most of the rads in the apartment aren't heating or are barely heating, how do I repressurize the boiler, I've attached 2 picture too help explain.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

clarker92 wrote: »
    Hi All
    My baxi boiler is showing low pressure and most of the rads in the apartment aren't heating or are barely heating, how do I repressurize the boiler, I've attached 2 picture too help explain.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

If you look at the OP original 3 pic you will see a filling loop with a flexible hose, you need to find something similar which will allow you to refill the heating system

• Advertisement
Advertisement