Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing Dimplex Gas Boiler

Options
  • 10-09-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dimplex System 30 Boiler, installed in September 2011. It is working fine and was serviced by Bord Gais, last year. Electric Ireland have just refused to service it, because they can’t get spares. I’m concerned that if it gives trouble over the winter I won’t be able to get it fixed.
    What options, if any, do I have?

Thanks in advance...

Just to add that a quick google search threw up http://www.boilerparts.co.uk/ who appear to have a full set of spares.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds more like Electric Ireland don't "support" your boiler, rather than anything else.

Any RGI plumber can service your boiler, they don't have to come from your supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭NewClareman

seamus wrote: »
    Sounds more like Electric Ireland don't "support" your boiler, rather than anything else.

Any RGI plumber can service your boiler, they don't have to come from your supplier.

I was told by the Bord Gais service engineer, last September, that Dimplex had stopped making gas boilers and that spares could become an issue. (I’ve just moved to Electric Ireland.) He told me that the boiler was in good condition and that the heat exchanger was stainless steel and should be long lasting.

I suppose I’m really looking for an RGI who has access to spares and can fix it, if it goes wrong. My understanding is that only a limited set of RGI’s installed this model.

Advertisement